Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Posts ordering set in kunena admin panel

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #21 by fbuonarota
Thank you very much Xillibit!
I use default_green template, i must modify any other file to make it work fine ??

Excuse for my english, but I'm Italian!! :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #22 by sozzled
fbuonarota wrote:

I use default_green template, i must modify any other file to make it work fine ??

Please read There is only one endorsed and supported Kunena template ... default_ex . There is no way to get the post ordering to work with the default, default_gray, default_green or default_red templates. These old, Fireboard-style templates contain many errors and cause numerous problems; message ordering is but one of those problems.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #23 by xillibit
Version for K1.5.11 :

File Attachment:

File Name: hack_post_...0405.zip
File Size:51 KB

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Attachments:

More
13 years 4 months ago #24 by gayan77
Hello all,
Anybody got a fix for version K1.6.0 to reverese the post order?
Cheers

More
13 years 4 months ago #25 by xillibit
For k1.6.x, it's in user profile where you can change that

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 4 months ago #26 by gayan77
Thanks xillibit. Is it possible to update database table so all the users can see posts orderd from recent to old. (recent posts shows first inside each topic)

If can what field in which table do I need to update to make this happen?
Thank you,
Cheers,
Gayan

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #27 by sozzled
The table is jos_kunena_users. The column is ordering.

I'm willing to wager $50 right now that, within a month, two things will happen:

(1) people will change the ordering themselves because they prefer things a different way (which kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?) ... and what about new user registrations?

(2) one of your users will ask you why you've changed things around and how can they get things back the way they were used to before (which also defeats the purpose, doesn't it?)

It's your website and you take the responsibility for whatever happens next. Good luck (I really do mean it) :)
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28 by gayan77
Dear Sozzled,
I don't know how can i explain this to you clearly. i said before couple of times that i agree with you what you saying in normal situation. i got my other kunena forums configured the way you said which users can configure the way of ordering acording to their needs.
I have one special forum which i am using to run a competition kind of thing and because nature of the purpose i need to show the recent post first (and users asking all the time when i am going to fix this?).
So thank you very much for your reply and i will try changing the table shortly. Really aprreciate your prompt replies so far and you are doing a great job to keep this kunena forum alive.
Cheers,
Gayan

More
13 years 4 months ago #29 by gayan77
Thanks Sozzled, yes it worked. thank you very much. I have also updated default value to 1 so new users see the recent post by default.
keep up the good work.
cheers,
gayan

More
13 years 4 months ago #30 by sozzled
I'm pleased to hear that you've got things working.

By the way, you were aware, weren't you, that there are many ways to instantly get the the most recently-posted message in a topic, regardless of the way that topics are ordered? I have my preference set to "first post first" at this forum (and all my Kunena-driven forums) and I don't have any problems zeroing in on the most-recently posted message(s) in a topic. However, if things work better for you the way you've organised them then that's good. B)

Time to create page: 1.706 seconds