Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question New users need moderator approval for x first messages

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #11 by Matias
It was a nice trick to change review for people with low karma. Just do not tell it to your users, or they will use it in the wrong way. :)

BTW: if you want to make the karma version better, you should disallow normal users (not moderators) to lower karma to less than 1 and from 0 to 1. That would make it perfect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #12 by kd0bik
I'm running Kunena 1.5.11 on Joomla 1.5.15. Does anyone know if this modification works for having x many messages requireing moderator approval?

Also, does anyone know if Kunena is planning to incorporate this feature in a future release? This functionality is available in many message boards. I love Kunena for my Joomla site. But I feel it lacks in the area of moderation.

JT

More
12 years 8 months ago #13 by Denny
It would be great to see this hack updated for 1.6.5, or implemented in a future version. Any one be able to help?

More
12 years 8 months ago #14 by xillibit
For Kunena 1.6.5, open the file components/com_kunena/funcs/post.php at line 130 add that :
Code:
$this->me = $this->me = KunenaFactory::getUser($this->my);

at line add 179:
Code:
if ( $this->me->posts < 10 ) $holdPost = 1;

Change the 10 by the number min of posts where the user messages will be approved

I haven't tested it , so it should have maybe issues.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 8 months ago #15 by Denny
Thanks for that, I'll have a test a little later.

Another thing (which probably requires new topic) is the jomsocial activity.php , it shows post that are on hold. Can a check be added so that it only updates when posts are appproved.

thanks again

More
12 years 8 months ago #16 by Denny
just didi a quick test. The post gets posted even though the box at the top states it is awaiting moderation. I only did the edit above.

More
12 years 8 months ago #17 by sozzled

Denny wrote: Another thing (which probably requires new topic) ...

Yes, it does deserve a separate topic. You're not the only person reading this. Let's not confuse everyone else, OK?

• C0n
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
12 years 8 months ago #18 by C0n
I wounder if you could just apply this to forum catergory id's too so certain forums there allowed to post in but if there post count is not 10 they can not post in that section / forum category until they do have 10 posts :D ?

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds