Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for AlphaUserPoints or its related products. For AlphaUserPoints support you should visit AlphaPlug .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use AlphaUserPoints with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of AlphaUserPoints.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Important Kunena AUP plugin not working with Jomsocial

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #11 by sozzled
I am not a Kunena developer so I don't really have too much to add to this topic. One point that I would make, however, is that the configuration report of N6REJ shows that there are three extensions used on the site that are not maintained by the Kunena team and that the Kunena team takes no responsibility for whether those plugins work with K 3.0.2 or not. These three extensions are:

1. JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3
  2. JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3
  3. JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Questions relating to the future of those three plugins and what has been done about them are addressed in the topic To what extent does K 3.0 support Jomsocial . The Kunena team is not responsible for maintaining those three plugins.

As far as whether AlphaUserPoints and JomSocial interoperability with K 3.0.2 is concerned, on the basis of the comments made by a couple of users who have these two extensions and want to know the answers to the questions they've asked, I do not know the answers. It may be that the order that the plugins are loaded has a bearing on how well AUP and JomSocial interact within Kunena. But let us also look at the settings of those two plugins, based on N6REJ's configuration report.

According to N6REJ's configuration report, these are the current settings:

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Enabled: activity=1 avatar=0 profile=0 activity_points_limit=0
Kunena - Community Builder Disabled
Kunena - Gravatar Enabled: avatar=1
Kunena - JomSocial Enabled: access=1 login=1 activity=1 avatar=1 profile=1 private=1 activity_points_limit=0 activity_stream_limit=0
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=1
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=1 profile=1
Kunena - UddeIM Disabled

I would suggest trying the following settings (shown in red below) to see if it makes a difference:

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Enabled: activity=1 avatar=0 profile=0 activity_points_limit=0
Kunena - Community Builder Disabled
Kunena - Gravatar Enabled: avatar=1
Kunena - JomSocial Enabled: access=0 login=1 activity=1 avatar=1 profile=1 private=1 activity_points_limit=0 activity_stream_limit=0
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=0
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Disabled

I would also suggest uninstalling the three plugins that I referred to in the beginning of my reply here.

To continue with the analysis of the problem - to determine the cause and propose a solution - I would also suggest

1. Use the standard Kunena menu (see Kunena Menu issues to find out more);

2. Provide a screenshot that shows the order in which the integration plugins are loaded and, possibly, try loading them in a different order; and

3. Wait for the developers to respond and offer their own comments in connection with this matter.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #12 by sozzled
It may also assist in this process (and to answer some other questions asked by woonydanny) to compare the configuration report from N6REJ with the configuration used by woonydanny. B)

More
10 years 6 months ago #13 by woonydanny
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 9900 seconds | Max execution memory: 1024M | Max file upload: 1024M

Joomla default template details : shape5_vertex | author: Shape5.com | version: 2.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.2 | creationdate: 2013-08-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.2 | 2013-08-18 [ Nocturne ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!
| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.8.3 | Jomsocial 3.0.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Stats 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 3.0.1 | Kunena Search 3.0.1

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
10 years 5 months ago #14 by woonydanny
matias, any idea regarding this issue with kunena plugins?

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
10 years 5 months ago #15 by Matias
It's likely in our code.

Added a bug on it:
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/2076
The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny, xristo, Shaun Downend

More
10 years 5 months ago #16 by woonydanny
it does sound like multiple kunena integration plugins dont work well with each other when they are both published.

hopefully you can narrow down the cause. many thanks :)

More
10 years 5 months ago #17 by Matias
Might be related on how they are called because of it used to be true. There could be only one integration enabled at a time in K1.7...

I thought I fixed that, but maybe there's still some old calls or a bug in the function...
The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny, Shaun Downend

More
10 years 5 months ago #18 by woonydanny
ok, thanks for letting me know. I assume there must still be a small bug that means it does not work properly.

would be good when that is fixed so Kunena, Jomsocial and AUP can run harmoniously together!!!

thanks

More
10 years 5 months ago #19 by Shaun Downend
I hope you can fix it Matias, as I am still unable to use the Tapatalk plugin with Kunena/JomSocial integration.

More
10 years 4 months ago #20 by woonydanny
matias did you manage to find the bug?

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds