Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena 3.0.0 Release Candidate Released

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by sozzled

Introduction

The Kunena team is pleased to announce Kunena 3.0.0 Release Candidate [K 3.0.0rc] as a native Joomla extension for J! 2.5 and J! 3.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 2.0.4 and the various beta releases of K 3.0.0.

Kunena 3.0 is a project that has been over nine months in the making. Among other things, the main design objectives for Kunena 3.0 were to remove many lingering legacy issues (caused by the requirement in older versions to maintain J! 1.5 websites) as well as to keep pace with current and emerging Joomla trends.

This version is considered to be the final test before the release of K 3.0.0 stable. This version is considered to be stable enough to be used on live production websites in limited usage (primarily for testing) as long as minor issues are tolerated during the time before it becomes a final release. This version may contain features that were not present in earlier versions or may omit some features that were present in earlier versions; as a candidate for release as a stable version, K 3.0.0rc represents the final feature set that will be included in K 3.0.0 stable. The Kunena team recommends installation of K 3.0.0rc on test sites that are separated from production environments.

The purpose of releasing K 3.0.0rc is to obtain assurances about the product, to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through problems before the release of K 3.0 as a stable product. about the reliability and usability of software before producing the final stable version.

While every practical effort will be made to rememdy problems in this version, reporting defects does not mean that problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team looks forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Key elements of K 3.0 are:

• Major rewrite of the K 2.0 codebase:
    • Added support for J! 3.x
    • Removal of old J! 1.x code
  • New AJAX based installer
  • Backend: Implement advanced filters
  • Backend: Implement batch processing for users
  • Backend: Add option in tools to clean IP addresses
  • Changes to default rank titles
  • Improved security
  • Fixes several defects present in K 2.0.4

Read more...
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 11 months ago #2 by deltafidesign
I took a look at tecnical requirements. After I tryed to install on a server that runs Mysql 5.0.96-community and cannot install.

So, if I am not wrong, this should be the lastes mysql version available for community server. What should I do? Ask hosing to change mysql version?
More
10 years 11 months ago #3 by Matias
We are supporting the same PHP/MySQL versions as Joomla 3.x.

Most common MySQL server version at this moment are 5.1 and 5.5. While 5.0 is still somewhat supported by Oracle, it's been phasing out.

From looking MySQL version, your server is using RedHat EL5 or Centos 5, which are both old versions and I would recommend switching to the new one before they get unmaintained.
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #4 by ChaosHead
Are you planning some new features and improved functionality? Or just bug fixes and support for countless new versions?
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by ChaosHead.
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled
K 3.0 includes several new features as well as fixing a lot of issues that occurred in K 2.0. For a better understanding of changes have occurred, the K 3.0.0rc release notes refers to these things.

The Kunena team is committed to achieving the best forum discussion software (that our limited resources permit) for Joomla. To this aim, the future means that new features will be implemented in line with the support offered by the community towards those new features. Of course, it goes without saying, that future versions will improve the reliability and durability of the software and, therefore, new versions will fix problems discovered in older versions.

I'm not sure how to address properly, ChaosHead, any concerns you may have better than what I have already written many times before in the forum or in articles I have posted on this site. The main thing is that Kunena is a living, breathing project that has a bright future for those who share our dream and who want to contribute to it.

K 3.0 includes a lot of improved functionality but, more importantly, it gives people a basis upon which we can extend the software into many areas that we have not yet begun to explore. I hope that this, in part, helps to give you some insight. :)
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
More
10 years 11 months ago #6 by MarioMari
Well done and congratulations on the great labor. Thank you to everyone involved.
with a real pleasure to see the development of the project.

Joomla 2.5.8, and 3.0 K.2.0.3, default Chrome
More
10 years 10 months ago #7 by skybax

deltafidesign wrote: I took a look at tecnical requirements. After I tryed to install on a server that runs Mysql 5.0.96-community and cannot install.

So, if I am not wrong, this should be the lastes mysql version available for community server. What should I do? Ask hosing to change mysql version?

You should update your MySQL version to 5.1.68-cll or newer (newer for future proofing) if your able go for MySQL 5.5.30.

And also the newer PHP versions like 5.3 or 5.4 greatly improves the speed of your site and forum.
Time to create page: 0.369 seconds