Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Mirage and Joomla Bootstrap, Thinking Forward

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by coder4life

coder4lifeThere have been a few questions asked about why Kunena did not release a new template for Kunena version 2.0. As well as these, we understand that people would also like to know about Kunena Team's position in relation to the future of Joomla and the support of Bootstrap. We like to share with you how we are thinking forward for Kunena's design.

Kunena team members have been actively reviewing Kunena's current design. It was decided over a year ago that Kunena needed improvement to meet current web design practices including utilising new HTML5 and CSS standards, improving the perception about how website users should be able to interact in a web-based discussion forum context, and to draw Kunena closer to Joomla.

But how to do this? How to achieve a recognisable User Interface (UI) that is more flexible, adaptive and can deploy the software’s features more quickly while, at the same time, avoiding design conflicts with the other design practices in the “Joomlaverse”? How to improve the perception about how Kunena should be used?

Read more...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mortti, John, Jiminimonka
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by Randal
Thanks for post this info!
There is ANY time frame we can expect to see stable Mirage release?
More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #3 by MarioMari
Replied by MarioMari on topic Great and very ambitious
Great and very ambitious. Respect for the work.
Personally, I hope that I can also get rid of redundant components running in an environment forum template, Joomla! eg pofile box, breadcrumbs.

Joomla 2.5.8, and 3.0 K.2.0.3, default Chrome
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by MarioMari.
More
11 years 8 months ago #4 by dankbeme
This is incredibly great news.
More
11 years 8 months ago #5 by Alder
This is good news and looking forward to seeing this come out, all this will help us create sites that will be more efficient
More
11 years 8 months ago #6 by Randal
Joomla 3.0 = Bootstrap = jQuery.

As we know Kunena WAS based on jQuery then convert to Mootools to have full compatibility. So what's now?

I'll be very happy to see Kunena native on jQuery again. And this is direction of Joomla 3.0 so? You will left Mootools also in Kunena 3.0? How much work it is?
More
11 years 8 months ago #7 by pepperstreet

Randal wrote: Joomla 3.0 = Bootstrap = jQuery ...

My last info is, that MOOTOOLS will still be included in J!3.0
More
11 years 8 months ago #8 by Grubbe
I am really looking forward to this new template! What do you think the ETA is (are we talking 1 month or 1 year)?

A little suggestion to the template: I would like the 'New topic' and the 'Reply' buttons to show up for not-signed in users as well. If they click this button the should be taken to a log-in/sign-up page. That would have more users to participate in the forum, I think. Great work, anyways!
More
11 years 8 months ago #9 by kawaiisou
Very impressive
More
11 years 8 months ago #10 by Oriander
jQuery is better than Mootools
Time to create page: 0.388 seconds