Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question I tried to migrate Kunena 1.5.6 to 1.6.x, but there is an error shown

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by zgamez
It seems that I am running a very old version of Kunena on my website.
I tried to follow this instruction - docs.kunena.org/index.php/K_1.6_%26_K_1.7_Upgrade_Guide

However, there is an error message shown as below;

Uncaught Exception: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=8 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci' at line 9 SQL=CREATE TABLE `jos_kunena_version` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `version` varchar(20) NOT NULL, `versiondate` date NOT NULL, `installdate` date NOT NULL, `build` varchar(20) NOT NULL, `versionname` varchar(40) DEFAULT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`) ) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=8 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci

Not sure if I did something wrong.
Any advice on this will be appreciated.

Also, can I upgrade 1.5.6 to 1.7.x or the latest version directly.
I read the article, and I am not sure if I could do 1.5.x to 1.7.x.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, zgamez, and welcome.

Try upgrading from K 1.5.6 to K 1.7.2.

I'm not sure about ISAM database files. Maybe you'd be better to try with MySQL instead?

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by Matias
Do you have MySQL 5.5 installed? There's some odd problem with MySQL, which returns unsupported query when we ask how to create the current table.

Time to create page: 0.675 seconds