Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question I tried to install the newest version of Kunena onto our site, but I received an error message.

More
11 years 11 months ago #1 by MyMelody
Some Background:

We are using Joomla! Version 1.5
We had an older version of Kunena, but it was hacked into. We uninstalled the component, all the plug-ins and deleted all Kunena folders in the ftp files.

I thought we could start fresh, but it does not seem to be working. Every time I try to install the latest Kunena I get the following message:

It was not possible to copy the selected file.
JInstaller::install: Failed to copy file: /tmp/install_4f91c485ca50f/kunena.j16.xml to /home/content/61/7357561/html/administrator/components/com_kunena/kunena.j16.xml
Install Component Error

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, MyMelody

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by Matias
There are 3 things you should check:

1) if target directory and file are both writable by Apache server
2) if the file exists in the source folder
3) if the file exists in the installation package

I think the issue should be in one of those 3..

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by MyMelody
Thank you, although I'm a bit of a novice, would you please tell me how I can check for this, and what to do should I find if the problem is indeed one of those three?

More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by Matias
I just read your message again: it looks like your installation fails before it enters to Kunena installer (you get the error where you were uploading the file into).

Do you have the same issue when installing other components, too? Because of this could be file/directory permission issue. If it only happens with Kunena, try to delete com_kunena directory from both admin and site (and try again).

More
11 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds