Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question Cannot upgrade 1.7.1 to 1.7.2

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by nyabynghi
Hello,

It seems I cannot upgrade Kunena to the latest version. It gets to about 32% then just hangs. This is my third attempt.

Any thoughts?

Abi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
I'm sorry but I don't understand the purpose of your message posted on the forum. Are you asking for help, for an explanation of what may be happening or what may have gone wrong? Did you make a backup of your site before you tried to upgrade (in other words, did you read K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide ).

Between the time that you installed K 1.7.1 - when the installation procedure worked - and now, have you added anything to your website, changed file/folder permissions, etc.?

I genuinely do not understand what you are asking of this community.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by nyabynghi
I guess the first thing was to see whether anyone else had experienced something similar or whether there are any known issues. I've upgraded in the past without any problems. I do back up before making major changes to the site. What permissions am I looking for on the folders?

Also, is it possible that there are some installation files (from the failed install) that could be deleted so I can try again? Restoring the backed up site would be the last option.

Thanks for any advice/assistance.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
K 1.7.2 was extensively tested and, as part of that testing, upgrading from K 1.7.1 to K 1.7.2 was part of that test. This testing was carried out over the three month period from before K 1.7.2 was publicly released. K 1.7.2 has been available as a public stable release now since 31 January this year.

We are not saying that K 1.7.2 may not, in some cases, be without problems. The way to upgrade Kunena has been documented (and the methods have been fairly comprehensively tested) for some time now. The recommended method is documented in K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide . It may take people a while to read the documentation - it may take some people a while to make the necessary precautions (upgrade Joomla, for example, other components, etc., taking a backup of your site beforehand ... and so forth) even if the actual process of performing the upgrade only takes 30 seconds or thereabouts.

Even with the best preparation that people can make, things can and, unfortunately, do go wrong which is why it's important that people should take precautions beforehand. As you stated that you took a backup of your site before you attempted your upgrade of Kunena, can you go back to that backup? If you do have a backup this gives you the means to restore your site to the way things were before you started having problems. It's my aim to help you to restore your site to normal operations as quickly as possible.

It normally takes an hour or so to restore a site from a backup. We may be able to troubleshoot the problems going forward from the point that you're now at but this will only further delay restoring your site to normal operations. I think that you should weigh up these factors in making your decision.

See Securing Kunena for information about file/folder permissions. The "right" permissions applied to all files/folders, as recommended by Joomla, is always good advice.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds