Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question Updating Kunena 1.7.2 question

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by effe
Hi,

I am a proud user of your Joomla! tool Kunena and I am atm busy with pimping our newly launched members' forum for exchange of info, discussion boards etc. :woohoo:

Knowing nearly nothing about the IT world, I have a couple of questions I am not able to find answers to in your (otherwise quite handy and for laymen followable) tools explanations:

1. Do I have to update the new Kunena version 1.7.2. for continuing the running of our members' forum successfully? If so, how will I do this and will I have to re-design the whole forum again from skretch once I did so?

2. A user forgot her password, but is repeatedly refused to access the forum due to 'invalid code' though she followed all steps prescribed by email. Is this linked to us sticking to the 1.7.1. version, and if not, how can I remedy this problem?

Thanks for your support,
best

Nina for effe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by CheechDogg
Hello effe and welcome to Kunena.org. Every so often there will be update packages that address security issues with the latest versions or bugs reported by the community. These updates will help keep your forums safe, up to date and running like they should.

It is very easy to update once you have the initial install, you download the latest version, install it using joomla's installer and you are good to go.

If you have made any changes to your forums please make sure you make them using your joomla template so that when you do update your forums those changes are not over written.

So instead of changing kunena's css files, add any of the changes to your template's css file instead.

As for your member's password issue, please include your forums configuration report so that we can have a better understanding of what is going on. Once you have included your forums config report we can then have a better understanding of what is going on.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #3 by effe
Replied by effe on topic Re: Kunena 1.7.2 released
Hi CheechDogg,

thx for your quick reply!

Re Joomla! update - we currently have the Joomla 1.5.21. version, and all Kunena work is being done via the Joomla! components menue... is this what you refer to?

Re Joomla installer - do you mean the Joomla Extension Manager, and then the update via the browse window > package install and/or Kunena's download URL? Ans do I have to do everything individually or how can I do this?

Sorry for all the stupid questions, and thx in advance!

Re config report - I hope its this what you were asking for (if not, apologies for spamming this post):

----
I don't really see what you mean with 'un-edited'? I didn't do anything... :huh:
----
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by effe.

More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by Jiminimonka
Hi effe,

Please edit your post above, and put in the Un-edit copy of your Kunena Configuration report.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by sozzled
To upgrade Kunena please read K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide

In answer to your question "Do I have to update the new Kunena version 1.7.2. for continuing the running of our members' forum successfully?" we advise you to upgrade because this latest version of Kunena fixes many problems that people have reported in earlier versions.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #6 by effe
Hi both,

thanks for your input!

Re un-edited config report for assessing the problem with resetting passwords for Kunena - I checked on your manual on how to copy-paste it into this forum; I didnt and wont touch anything else than right-mouseclick>copy and now right-mouseclick paste...

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 3000 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 100M

Joomla default template details : corporate | author: NoFrills Templates | version: 1.0 | creationdate: May 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Pasted BBcode sent via PM

More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by sozzled

effe wrote: 1. Do I have to update the new Kunena version 1.7.2. for continuing the running of our members' forum successfully? If so, how will I do this and will I have to re-design the whole forum again from skretch once I did so?

I answered this question in msg #5. If I have misunderstood your question can you please inform us what, specifically, is the problem here.

Your second question - resetting a user's password - has nothing to do with Kunena (or any particular version of Kunena).
The following user(s) said Thank You: effe

More
12 years 1 month ago #8 by effe
re Q1 - I am fighing myself atm through the module!
re Q2 - Do you have an idea how the password resetting problem can be remedied; does it fall under Joomla! settings? It says the code is not correct...
Thx

More
12 years 1 month ago #9 by sozzled

sozzled wrote:

effe wrote: 1. Do I have to update the new Kunena version 1.7.2. for continuing the running of our members' forum successfully? If so, how will I do this and will I have to re-design the whole forum again from skretch once I did so?

I answered this question in msg #5. If I have misunderstood your question can you please inform us what, specifically, is the problem here.

Your second question - resetting a user's password - has nothing to do with Kunena (or any particular version of Kunena).

I have answered these questions. I do not understand your replies.

(1) Why are you fighting yourself or resisting upgrading? We have already shown you how to upgrade. The answer to that question is in msg #5 in this topic.

(2) Your second question has nothing to do with this topic. Is has nothing to do with upgrading Kunena. Your second question has nothing to do with Kunena at all. Your second question is about a user who has forgotten their password. If you want to help out that person, write to that person, reset that person's password to something else. Please do not continue to use this topic about resetting a user's password. Start a new topic - if you must - but this is not a question for this topic.

In short, upgrade Kunena to K 1.7.2 or explain, specifically, what is your reason to further delay upgrading. Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds