Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for K 1.7 issues only.

Question Pre-upgrade Precautions - seeking advice

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by dubrodrig
I am about to upgrade a Joomla 1.5 site to 1.7. I have been maintaining a successful forum, and wanted to make sure it stayed that way after I upgraded without having too much of a problem.

I wanted to know general safety precautions I can take other than simply backing up that will help ensure a smooth update of Joomla and then Kunea. Do I disable it first, or what?

Quite frankly, any precautions I can take regardless of using Kunea or not will be of great assistance.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by CheechDogg
In my opinion dubrobrig backing up is the first thing you should do.

But do the upgrade on a test site first to make sure that the upgrade went trough properly with no errors and "then" upgrade your live site if everything goes as planned. That way if something went wrong, it goes wrong on your test site.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by sozzled
The pre-upgrade precautions are comprehensively listed in K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide .

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds