Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question How do I change the colors of my template in Kunena 1.6?

More
13 years 2 months ago #41 by sozzled

mohsen wrote: Seems a little of that Kunena uses something other than its CSS for such settings.

I don't understand what you are talking about. Can you show us the line of code that you think is PHP?

What is the issue that is concerning you about Kunena using "something other than CSS" for defining what appears on web pages? Of course Kunena uses PHP to define what appears on web pages ... just like Joomla does. Joomla is built with PHP. Kunena is built with PHP. PHP Is the very foundation of Kunena. What's the problem here?

What is this line 68? Line 68 of what? :unsure:
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 1 month ago #42 by etkritikonspoudon

etkritikonspoudon wrote: Is there a way to change the color of the background tabs (apart from the selected/highlighted tab)?
Also, is there a way to make to topic title's size smaller? It looks kind of bulky when viewing the forum.

Thanks.

I would like to repeat the above questions...

- How do I change the colour of background tabs from gray to something else?
- How can I decrease the size of topic titles?
AND
- How do I make the reply/quote etc buttons appear in "capitalize" instead of "uppercase"?

Would be great if someone could help...

- Also the top tabs that appear when goes to the user profile are much much prettier and modern than the standard forum tabs...why not making that display default?
More
13 years 1 month ago #43 by avion123
Im havinh troubles with changing post text color as seen in picture, it just seems too white, and i would like tochange to different color.I have tryed many options by changing template.css but just cant get it right.Hope somebody can help, i guess i just have to add the right code in template.css .Best regards
Attachments:
More
13 years 1 month ago #44 by profesionalas
I just lost in components/com_kunena/template/default/css (Blue Eagle (default))file kunena.forum-min.css anyone have orginal without changes? Or Where I can download default kunena teplates? thanks
More
13 years 1 month ago #45 by ender
More
13 years 1 week ago #46 by escherbach
Operation Failed: COM_KUNENA_A_TEMPLATE_MANAGER_FAILED_WRITE_FILE.

This is what I get when I try to change the colors in the default template. Any ideas why?
More
12 years 9 months ago #47 by StevieGooGs
I have a slight problem, i have got the colours pretty much as i want but regarless if i manually edit the colours or use the template merge i keep getting this problem.

Kunena 6.1.4
Attachments:
More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #48 by sozzled
G'day, Steve, and welcome to Kunena.

I can understand that when you looked at this forum and saw a few thousand messages that explained how people could adapt Kunena to their own website, you were probably a little overwhelmed. Every day we receive many questions from people who are having difficulties accommodating Kunena into their own sites. It's not surprising that people stumble on a topic that has the subject "How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena 1.6?" and think to themselves "A-ha! I have found exactly what I am looking for." Then they add their own problem to the end of the discussion in the hope that someone will answer it.

Well, here's the thing: people have forgotten what is the purpose of this topic. The purpose of this topic (and the reason why it is featured as a sticky topic) is to outline the general approach that people should use when they want to solve their own problems. It's important for me to re-state this point, at this time in a discussion that started 7½ months ago, because over this time the approach has changed and the original purpose of this topic has been lost and now is the time for this topic to be closed.

We are not saying that we are refusing to assist people with individual problems but no one particular topic is the way to address each and every possible specific question that the community may have.

The general answer to the question "How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena 1.6?" is contained in msg #1 of this topic. In the time that this topic started there have been many improvements to the Blue Eagle template resulting in options that we see today in K 1.6.4.

Beyond what has already been written, people have four choices:

(1) Further refine, themselves, their own site by hand-crafting CSS rules (or develop their own templates) using the information contained in the Wiki together with web design aids like Firebug . I, personnaly, do not generally recommend changing anything in any files installed by Kunena because they are subject to change when you upgrade; if I want to make minor CSS tailoring I do that with my Joomla site template.

(2) Use a third party template (see the KED or the User-written Templates category) if there is something more suitable for their purposes.

(3) Search this forum for possible answers to specific questions or, if there don't seem to be any topics that deal with their specific questions, to ask a question as a new topic and wait patiently for another member of the community to answer it.

(4) Employ someone else to perform the work, particularly if their need is urgent or they lack the know-how to do the work themselves.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #49 by sozzled
We continue to receive many questions each day about how to change the colours in the Kunena template. As a reminder, I would like to summarise the current situation.

The general answer to the question "How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena 1.7?" is contained in msg #1 of this topic. In the time that this topic started there have been many improvements to the Blue Eagle template resulting in options that we see today in K 1.7.2.

Additional improvements have been made, including the "blend" option. The ideas offered in the The 5 minute quick and dirty Kunena 1.6 template are still relevant today as they were when this topic was started.

Advanced users can develop their own templates. Designing a full-blown template may be beyond the reach of most people. If you need to make simple changes (and those changes involve writing CSS) then you should make such changes to the Joomla site template CSS.

Beyond what has already been written, people have four broad choices:

(1) Further refine, themselves, their own site by hand-crafting CSS rules (or develop their own templates) using the information contained in the Wiki together with web design aids like Firebug. We do not generally recommend changing anything in any files installed by Kunena because they are subject to change when you upgrade; if you want to make minor CSS changes you would be better advised to make those changes to your Joomla site template (see How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?

(2) Use a third party template (see the KED or the User-written Templates category) if there is something more suitable for their purposes. You should be aware that most templates written for older versions of Kunena will not work with K 1.7.2 and you should also be aware that, if you have problems using these third-party templates, the Kunena project team is not able to help. If you have problems with third-party templates, those are matters you should discuss with the author(s).

(3) Search this forum for possible answers to specific questions or, if there don't seem to be any topics that deal with their specific questions, to ask a question as a new topic and wait patiently for another member of the community to answer it.

(4) Employ someone else to perform the work, particularly if the need is urgent or where people lack the know-how to do the work themselves.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds