Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question How do I change the colors of my template in Kunena 1.6?

More
13 years 4 months ago #11 by bigmike0601
The backend template managed of K1.6.1 does not change what I need. Sozzled mentioned using firebug, but im having problems using it correctly. www.EasternShoreman.com is my live site running K1.5.11. Before I upgrade I need to know exactly how to edit these colors. Can someone please look at my site and show me the colors im using here and where to edit the CSS when I migrate to K1.6.1? I really do appreciate your help.

Mike
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 4 months ago #12 by fxstein
I suggest you do the following:

Try to the Auto Blend feature of K1.6.1 AND add the color of your choice into the various header color elements in the template manager. That way the text styling and color (including links, will come from your main template) and you have control over the header colors, without the need to edit css.

Let us know if that works for you. Maybe a screen shot from your test site would be helpful, so we can see what you like/don't like.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #13 by bigmike0601
fxtein,
The first screen shot is my live site. I want to keep the color template the same or as close as possible when migrating to 1.6.1. The notations are what im trying to change on the test site.

Below is a screen shot of just trying to change everything to green.

Below is the frontend preview after the changes were applyed and saved.

Below is the frontend preview with green in all the fields and the copy joomla colors function not applied.

This is why I am attempting to just edit the CSS using firebug. I just don't know what lines to edit and what colors to change them too to achive the look of my live site at the top.

Mike
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by bigmike0601.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fxstein
More
13 years 4 months ago #14 by bigmike0601
1.6.1 didn't fix the problem. I still cannot get the colors to work using the template manager.
More
13 years 4 months ago #15 by bigmike0601
I am still using K1.5.11 because I don't know how to change the template colors :whistle:
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #16 by fxstein

bigmike0601 wrote: 1.6.1 didn't fix the problem. I still cannot get the colors to work using the template manager.

Could you please be more specific?

We use this feature on various sites without any issues. We would very much like to understand what your issue is.

Screenshots of all the settings would be very helpful.

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by fxstein.
More
13 years 4 months ago #17 by bigmike0601
More
13 years 4 months ago #18 by fxstein
Ah - I see.

Guess this only happens with auto blend ON.

If you disable auto blend the colors you enter will be shown.

Need to see what it takes to fix that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben
More
13 years 4 months ago #19 by fxstein
This is an auto blend (aka skinner) bug. If you disable auto blend, the colors will work for those you specify in the template attributes.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben
More
13 years 4 months ago #20 by sozzled
I merged the two topics together. I hope that this merge will make things easier for others in the same situation. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: fxstein
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds