Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question How do I change the colors of my template in Kunena 1.6?

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by fxstein
A question we hear a lot and something we have invested into with Kunena 1.6

Every template you install will be somewhat unique and it depends what the template author has designed for. With Kunena 1.6 we have added a full blown template manager. Not only does it make it very simple to install new templates, it also allows you to dynamically set template parameters without the need to edit css and html files.

On top of that these template settings stay in place with software upgrades, making it possible to customize, yet stay on top of the latest releases, without the headache of re-applying the same changes over and over.

So how does it work?

First check out the new template manager in the Kunena backend:

You can find it in the control panel of your Kunena backend. This is where you install and modify Kunena 1.6+ templates. No need for ftp, file explorers and touching files manually - most of it can be done directly in here.

Once you click on it you see the Template manager and all installed Kunena 1.6+ templates of your system:

You set the default template (yes there is dynamic multi template support in the works...), you install new Kunena templates (see out Extension directory: www.kunena.com/ked ) and you can edit the template parameters of your template by simply clicking on it:

This is where it gets really cool. Template designers can leverage these and any other template parameter to customize their templates without the need for manually editing css and html files. In the end you want to customize once and not after every upgrade.
In this case our designers have given you a couple options on what to place where, but also the ability to define color overrides.
Simply plug in a new color number (can come directly from tools like ColorZilla), save and refresh. Empty - means default values.
Lets say I want to change kunena.com to use orange headers and menus on the forum pages. All I have to do is plug my favorite orange color into these overrides.

Lets take #FF6600 - I picked that off another website using the Firefox plugin ColorZilla. All I do is enter it into the template parameters like that:

and click safe. Done. Colors are set and the front end looks like this:

Change the colors to anything you like and just safe the settings. You can upgrade your site to the latest versions and never worry about loosing the color and other template settings.

Just another improvement in Kunena 1.6 that will make a lot of site admins lives way easier.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by fxstein.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hkymre, ke4obt, bigal0228, weise
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by GooRu
Ugh...

I'm banging on this and only getting half way there. I can enter new color values in the module but up front the MAIN TOPIC bar remains blue.

I've ripped through the CSS and changed some values there, but no changes up front! I'm just going for green rther then blue...

Any ideas?

curt
More
13 years 4 months ago #3 by bigmike0601
joomla! 1.5.21
K1.6
default blue eagle template
www.marguglio.com

I have entered the color green,#009900, into all the fields in the template manager on the backend as decribed in the sticky. Only the very bottom has changed. What am I doing wrong?

Mike
More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
Which "sticky" is that?

What was the filename that you changed? Did you read Minified CSS ? It looks like you didn't make all the necessary changes.

Simple solution to the problem: Firebug will show you what you've missed.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 4 months ago #5 by bigmike0601
According to the following sticky post it can be done in the template manager, but im having problems.

www.kunena.com/forum/159-k-16-common-que...emplate-in-kunena-16
More
13 years 4 months ago #6 by bigmike0601
joomla! 1.5.21
K1.6
default blue eagle template
www.marguglio.com

I have entered the color green,#009900, into all the fields in the template manager/backend as decribed in the sticky. Only the very bottom has changed. What am I doing wrong?

Mike
More
13 years 4 months ago #7 by GooRu
Exact same prob I am having.
More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by fxstein
There is a fix in the upcoming 1.6.1 that will take care of your color issues. The colors did not get applied to all headers as they should have. Give us a few more days to release 1.6.1 and this will be solved for you.

Thx!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
More
13 years 4 months ago #9 by GooRu
Awesome thanks!

Curt
More
13 years 4 months ago #10 by bigmike0601
excellent, thanks so much!
Time to create page: 0.486 seconds