Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Merged Removing "categories -" from page title

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #31 by Mike-XS

Page title for Forum shows as "Categories - Forum". How to change it?

To modify or remove the text 'Categories' from the Kunena 1.7.2 forum index page, you could try editing the Kunena language file located here:

\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_kunena.ini

Look for this text on lines 168 / 169 :

COM_KUNENA_CATEGORIES="Categories"
COM_KUNENA_CATEGORY="Category:"

If you are editing the file through FTP, the language file would be found in your '/public_html/yoursitename.com/language/' folder (directory). Replace '/public_html/' with whatever your particluar webhost uses as the root directory.

--

To edit the actual code which uses the text from the language file above, look in line 37 of pathway.php:
Code:
$fr_title_name = JText::_('COM_KUNENA_CATEGORIES');

To edit or remove the seperator ' - ' in the title and the title itself, look for line 101 in the pathway.php file in the default template (or check your active template folder if you are using a 3rd party template).
Code:
$pathway->document->setTitle ( $this->kunena_topic_title ? $this->kunena_topic_title : $fr_title_name . ' - ' . $this->config->board_title );

In the default Blue Eagle template pathway.php can be found in:
Code:
\components\com_kunena\template\default\pathway.php

--

line 51 and line 52: components/com_kunena/funcs/listcat.php

Editing these two lines in listcat.php will only affect the meta description and meta keywords in the html source.

--

Naturally always edit source files with caution, and if you prefer to be safe, make a backup first of any file you want to edit.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Mike-XS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, sunny33days, emotive
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #32 by Robbie8
When I click on my forum Menu Item, The Browser Tab changes to have the word Categories in front of my Website name.
Can anyone advise how I change this so that the Tab shows

Wrekin Grasstrack Forum
instead of

Categories - Wrekin Grasstrack Forum

The Google search engine is also showing the Categories forum as you can see - again this is something I dont want

Could anyone please advise me how I suppress this

If you check the website www.wrekingrasstrack.com and click the forum, you can see it on the Browser Tab - ditto if you click wrekingrasstrack in google.

I have included a word doc showing the screen prints I am talking about

File Attachment:

File Name: CategoriesonTab.zip
File Size:717 KB

I look forward to your help and advice

Rob :(
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Robbie8.
More
11 years 10 months ago #33 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, Robbie8, and welcome to Kunena.

I think that the answer you are looking for is here in this topic.
More
11 years 9 months ago #34 by Robbie8
Hi Sozzled - yes its very nice to be here.

I have seen the entry below

To modify or remove the text 'Categories' from the Kunena 1.7.2 forum index page, you could try editing the Kunena language file located here:
\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_kunena.ini

Look for this text on lines 168 / 169 :
COM_KUNENA_CATEGORIES="Categories"
COM_KUNENA_CATEGORY="Category:"

Has anyone tried this out - does it work? - Do I change the ini file entry to be
COM_KUNENA_CATEGORIES=""
COM_KUNENA_CATEGORY=""
to remove the wording - As a non developer, thats certainly preferrable to amending php code.

There are suggestions, but I haven't read a response that someone says actually works - except wait for version 2.0 - whenever that is due.

Rob :)
More
11 years 9 months ago #35 by sozzled
I didn't write that I am aware of a "fix"; I only meant to give you any information that I was aware of in replying to your question. As far as I am aware this issue is not easily solved in K 1.7.2 or, if it has been solved, no-one has properly explained how it's done.

Changing the language file may achieve the purpose but it will ruin every other occurrence where the symbolic references COM_KUNENA_CATEGORIES and COM_KUNENA_CATEGORY occur ... and there are dozens of those sprinkled throughout the code. I wouldn't recommend it.

Sorry, but it you want this done you have no choice but to find where the call is made to change the window title in one or another of the PHP scripts. I wish I could tell you which one but, I'm sorry, I cannot.

You could wait until K 2.0 arrives or you could download the RC version of it now and experiment. Even so, as much as we would like to provide you with the "prescription", we have our hands full with the release of K 2.0 at present.

Good luck in finding the answer. :)
More
11 years 9 months ago #36 by sozzled
For anyone who is interested in how K 2.0 treats this matter, look at the window title names generated when you visit different pages on this site ( www.kunena.org/forum )
More
11 years 9 months ago #37 by Robbie8
OK - Kunena 2.0.1 has now been installed on my test site, and it changes it to "mywebsitename :: Category Index".
When I select a Topic it says "mywebsitename :: CTopics in Welcome (1/1)". etc .. as you drill down to the individual post.

This still isn't really what I want, because what I was actually looking for was a hardcoded ""mywebsitename :: Forum" or something similar on each page.
Is there a way to configure or code this, or something similar?

I would appreciate comments.
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #38 by sozzled
This is a topic in the K 1.7 category. We do not discuss "how to" issues related to K 2.0 in here.

Therefore, to prevent further of misuse of this [K 1.7] topic I am now locking it.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.382 seconds