Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question Email Notification Links Do Not Go to Login Page

More
13 years 2 months ago #21 by woonydanny
no, i was referring to the image in the 2nd post, that has the login/register screen. and then in the last post @quila says this can be done for K1.6

In anycase, i'll just see if @quila can help out :)

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #22 by @quila

peetree21 wrote: no, i was referring to the image in the 2nd post, that has the login/register screen. and then in the last post @quila says this can be done for K1.6

In anycase, i'll just see if @quila can help out :)

Hi, check here www.kunena.org/forum/144-k-15-hacks-tric...t=10&start=130#81841

Regards

More
13 years 2 months ago #23 by @quila

freedomcoach wrote: Hi Sozzled:

Any idea why this issue is so difficult to resolve? In our earlier discussions, we both established that a fundamental Joomla characteristic is that a user is taken to a login page whenever attempting to go to a registered only article, right. Yet, with a page in Kunena, the user is not taken to a login page on my forum when clicking on a kunena post URL. This is still an unresolved issue.

The other related issue mentioned below has to do with being redirected to the desired post after logging in. They are both aspects of the same underlying issue. What prevents Kunena from handling requests in the same manner as any other Joomla link?

Sincerely,
Howard

Hi Howard, if I remember your issue is that you have Menu Item Link to Forum set Access Level to Registered. You need to change this to public and I think you problem will be solved if you replace file Login.php as I have suggested to peetree21 here www.kunena.org/forum/144-k-15-hacks-tric...t=10&start=130#81841

Regards

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #24 by freedomcoach
Thanks. If I change my menu link to forum to be public will this make any difference if the entire "learning center" menu in which the link appears is set to registered?

What exactly does the new login.php do? Does this file replace a default joomla file? It looks like a hack from the name? Can I safely download this via your link and replace file via ftp? Will this affect other login characteristics? Can I continue using my CB login module or do I need to switch to the kunena login module?

Sincerely,
Howard
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by freedomcoach.

More
13 years 2 months ago #25 by @quila

freedomcoach wrote: Thanks. If I change my menu link to forum to be public will this make any difference if the entire "learning center" menu in which the link appears is set to registered?

If your link to forum have parent Menu set to Registered, link will not appaer but login box will show when user try to access to forum (I think, not tested).

freedomcoach wrote: What exactly does the new login.php do?

Show Login page when users try to access forum or try to Reply/Create New Topic in forum

freedomcoach wrote: Does this file replace a default joomla file? It looks like a hack from the name?

This File replace default Kunena Login page, not Joomla. This file is the same as default with some more lines of code to show Login Form

freedomcoach wrote: Can I safely download this via your link and replace file via ftp?

Yes

freedomcoach wrote: Will this affect other login characteristics?

No

freedomcoach wrote: Can I continue using my CB login module or do I need to switch to the kunena login module?

Yes, you can continue to use CB login module.

Regards

More
13 years 2 months ago #26 by freedomcoach
Hi @quila:

I switched forum menu link to public but this did not allow the login page to appear. I will try to the new login.php. Where in the ftp directory structure does this file go to replace the existing one?

Does it need to be replaced each time there is a new Kunena upgrade or will this be incorporated into future releases?

Sincerely,
Howard

More
13 years 2 months ago #27 by freedomcoach
I downloaded the patch zip archive and de-archived it.

There are several files in there. Are they all needed or just the kunena.login.php? Do all the files need to be replaced via ftp?

Clear instructions for the non tech person would be very useful. I do not like to muck around with files when i don't know what I'm doing. I cannot risk damaging my site.

Sincerely,
Howard

More
13 years 2 months ago #28 by @quila
Hi Howard,

you dont need this patch files, that was done for K1.5.x.

You need to replace just one file login.php with this one attached here. Take backup of old file.

The file you need to replace is located in

components / com_kunena / template / default / login.php

I still dont know if this changes will be included in next release but let try if that works for you ;)

File Attachment:

File Name: login_2011-01-20.zip
File Size:1 KB

Let me know. Regards
Attachments:

More
13 years 2 months ago #29 by freedomcoach
Hi, I followed the steps and then attempted to go to a forum post using the email notification link. I was taken to the login page below but when entering my normal username and password, it did not accept it and left me with the same page. What can I do next to make this work?

Sincerely,
Howard
Attachments:

More
12 years 2 months ago #30 by kylepond
Hello,

I'm able to change the language file to display different text (other than "Only Community Members Can Participate in This Forum..etc), but would like to provide the option to directly login via a form on this page.

We're using a private board and users receive email updates. So in a typical scenario, the user will click the link in the message and then will reach the "only community members can participate" page. It would be ideal to have a login form on this page instead of just the message. I can change the text via the language file, and I see where the language file is being called in kunena.php, but wonder what the best way to add the form is and would appreciate any pointers.

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds