Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question Email Notification Links Do Not Go to Login Page

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by freedomcoach
Hi everyone:

When users on my website receive a notification e-mail that someone has posted to a topic for which they are subscribed, they click on the notification link but are not taken to a page on which they can subscribe. If the user is not logged into the site it seems to me that the link becomes useless from the standpoint of the Kunena if it does not at least send the user to a page where they can log in.

The whole point of a notification link is to take the user to the forum post they wish to read. If they can't access the page because it is restricted and limited only to registered users than the obvious first step is for them to login. If they're taken to a useless page that tells them that they must be a community member in order to read the post, then they have to backtrack Finder login page, login and then once again find the post.

If this is the best that we can do, why bother with the notification link? Why not have an e-mail that simply says log in and go to this page? I would like to know other people's experience here. Please respond and let me know what notification links on your site do. What is the expectation or the norm of notification links?

Just in case anybody's wondering, I'm running Kunena 1.6.1 with the very latest version of Joomla! 1.5.22. I'm using community builder for login on my site and I have my integration page set to integrate with community builder or use “auto detect”. My Kunena profile is below. All comments and feedback are greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Howard

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : btc2009 | author: Illiana Technology | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2009-06-19

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.0)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #2 by detlef
I have same problem. Login don't work in discussion page but only in index e category pages

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Offerte di lavoro per Operatore Socio Sanitario OSS su Lavoro oss
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by detlef.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #3 by sozzled
detlef, at the risk of seeming a little impertinent, please take a few moments to read I have the same problem ... .

This topic is about an issue involving email. Does your problem involve email?

Please upgrade K 1.6.0 to K 1.6.1.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by freedomcoach
Hi Sozzled,

Last night, I was setting up a Kunena article which I wanted to share with a select group of users. They all have administrator status. I placed the article on one of my menus and set the menu link to special. I then e-mailed each of the users with a link to the article. When they clicked on the link they were immediately taken to a login page and upon completing the login they been were taken directly to the article.

I mention this to point out that the desired feature I've been speaking about for a while now is already functioning on my website and, I believe is intrinsic to the workings of Joomla. The question is: why does Kunena not work the same way?

Maybe the developers can take a look at this and see what is going on. What is different in Kunena r how it handles requests for restricted pages? I hope this inquiry will lead to a solution about notification links pointing to form posts.

Sincerely,
Howard

More
13 years 4 months ago #5 by freedomcoach
Hi everyone:

I must admit that I'm finding it a bit disconcerting that no one has contributed to this thread or offered any solutions to this fundamental issue. I have also not seen anything from the developers to indicate that they are aware of this problem and they are at least working on a solution for a future version.

I'm willing to acknowledge that perhaps other users of Kunena are not experiencing this problem and if so I would really like to understand exactly why and how they are getting around it.

I also do not want to seem disrespectful. I'm well aware of the fact that the developers have done an extraordinary job with Kunena 1.6 and that there are many other competing priorities with other issues. Nevertheless, I'd like to have some idea of when this problem can be addressed.

Sincerely,
Howard

More
13 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled
This problem is probably not going to be solved as quickly as you might like and that's unfortunate. The developers are aware of the problem but other priorities (like their bread-and-butter workday lives) do take priority.

While you are waiting for the developers to investigate this issue - which I agree is important - you could also use your time profitably to get eliminate the outstanding issue involving legacy mode. ;)

Your website has an "unusual" approach to the way that the menus have been setup. I'm not saying that your setup is wrong, it's just unusual. This might explain why no one else has become involved simply because their sites do not challenge the users in the way that yours does. These unusual things notwithstanding, as I have said on several occasions, I agree that it would be better if Kunena approached things in a more "consistent" way as with the rest of Joomla.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #7 by woonydanny
Does anyone know how to have a login module/ability when you click on a link to take you to a registered part of the forum when you are not signed in, so you dont have to navigate to another part of the site to login, then come back to kunena and try and find the link you were originally going to again??

It would be good if there was the option to sign up or login in the screen (image attached below), and if you login it then redirects you to where you originally clicked to go in the forum.

Please Help!!

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by woonydanny.

More
13 years 3 months ago #8 by xillibit
Hello,

You have configured to let only registered users to see your forum ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #9 by sozzled

peetree21 wrote: Does anyone know how to have a login module/ability when you click on a link to take you to a registered part of the forum when you are not signed in, so you don't have to navigate to another part of the site to login, then come back to Kunena and try and find the link you were originally going to again??

Although this description sounds a little convoluted and self-contradictory, I think I understand what you're trying to say.

If I understand correctly, your user login to your website but then they cannot access Kunena because they appear (as far as Kunena is concerned) to be logged-out. Is that what you're saying?

If I have correctly understood your question, we need to understand how your users logged-in in the first place. One discussion topic that might shed some light on this problem is Double Login Issue . It's a fairly long and involved story (and there were a few digressions along the way) but I hope you persevere with the story so that you might see if there are any lessons that you can apply to your current situation. As I remember from that discussion, one of the issues affecting this problem was having different session lifetime settings in Joomla and in Kunena.

Very importantly, to help those of us who are trying to help you, can you please post your K 1.6 configuration report, please? Can you also post the value of the session lifetime that you're using in your site Global Configuration, please?

Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #10 by woonydanny
Sorry i don't think i explained myself that well and sozzled i think you've misinterpretated my question.

Ill try again, my whole forum is for registered members only. Say you have a link to a forum message (from say an email) and you click on it, it takes you to kunena but then you get the screen i posted above, saying "Please Log In). However, to login you need to go to outside of kunena to login. Then it has lost your original location you were trying to go to in the kunena forum.

What I am asking (and i know it can be done because i have seen it - i think on xillibits personal site) is that how can you have it such that when you click on a link to the forum when you are not signed you are given a screen that has a login module or registration option, so that once you login you are redirected to your original kunena message you were trying to view.

so something like image attached below

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by woonydanny.

Time to create page: 0.482 seconds