Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Question J! 1.6 + K 1.6 Upgrade error: unable to write entry

More
13 years 1 month ago #21 by tomholdstock
I've uninstalled all of the kunena linked extensions that there are and all I could find by searching my computer. Still it won't let me install, the same error comes up every time. I'm stuck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #22 by sozzled

tomholdstock wrote: I'm stuck!

If I found myself stuck in any situation I would go back to what I knew to try to escape from that situation.

If I were in this situation I would drop my attempts to get "unstuck" with J! 1.6 and I would go back to J! 1.5 and I would remain in that comfort zone until we've worked through the J! 1.6 issues properly. I'm not saying that J! 1.6 is not usable and I'm not saying that K 1.6 is not usable with J! 1.6. I am, however, saying that K 1.6.3 is not 100% usable with J! 1.6 in a production environment. See K 1.6 Technical Requirements .
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 1 month ago #23 by tomholdstock
Unfortunately I'm new to all of this and so have only ever used Joomla 1.6! Should I consider starting completely again with Joomla 1.5 just to secure a working version of kunena? I'd been doing so well :(

More
13 years 1 month ago #24 by sozzled
For first-time users of Kunena who want a trouble-free installation, please read K 1.6 Installation Guide . Part of that guide asks you to read K 1.6 Technical Requirements . These two documents, hand-in-hand, effectively say that the key to a stable installation lies in good preparation and planning.

The K 1.6 Technical Requirements article states:

Users may want to experiment with K 1.6 and Joomla 1.6. K 1.6.2 provides some capability to work with Joomla 1.6 and this capability will be extended in future releases. There are issues with installing or using K 1.6.x in Joomla 1.6 at this time. Some of these issues are show-stoppers if users are considering Joomla 1.6 to run their production websites. Many of these issues will be fixed in future versions of Kunena and Joomla. At this time uses are encourage to report issues with Joomla 1.6 as test cases but support may not necessarily be available to answer issues. Until otherwise advised, please use the K 1.6 test reports category to report issues that you are having with K 1.6 and J! 1.6. Until accepted by the Joomla Extensions Directory as a native Joomla 1.6 extension, K 1.6 is not a Joomla 1.6 native extension.

It is not necessary to have Joomla 1.6 in order to install Kunena 1.6. The version number is purely coincidental.

If you want to experiment then, by all means, experiment. If you want reliability, support, less stress/worry/anxiety and a broad platform of software that you can select to use in your webcraft then, at this particular time, Joomla 1.5 is probably a better option. However, this situation will change and what I have written is only my opinion. The decision, to persevere or not with J! 1.6, is entirely yours to make. I am only trying to help you but it depends how much time and energy you have to keep travelling along this rather rocky road.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #25 by GoremanX
looks like this issue is resolved with the upcoming Joomla 1.6.1 and Kunena 1.6.4, due out within a few days hopefully.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
12 years 7 months ago #26 by johnfurr
nope those upgrades havent resolved the issue.

I have the same problem and haven't been able to ascertain what the problem is caused by

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds