Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged How to enable Threaded & Indented buttons

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #11 by mis3va
Does this apply to version 1.7.1 as well? Do I need to update that value in SQL manually to get THREADED/FLAT buttons?

I have fresh installation of 1.7.1 and I do not have these buttons under forum topics as I see it here in this forum.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by mis3va. Reason: added my problem description

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #12 by sozzled

mis3va wrote: Does this apply to version 1.7.1 as well? Do I need to update that value in SQL manually to get THREADED/FLAT buttons?

I have fresh installation of 1.7.1 and I do not have these buttons under forum topics as I see it here in this forum.

I think you have answered your own question. Yes, this applies to K 1.7.1 as well.

As I've written before, the threaded feature is not officially included or supported as part of the K 1.6 or K 1.7 release. The feature was a retrofit of work that has been happening in the development of K 2.0.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mis3va

More
12 years 2 months ago #13 by halperinko
I was wondering if there is an option to view forum discussion in a fully threaded manner?

I have noticed one can present threaded highlights at the bottom, but I was wondering if one can enable a fully expanded posts view which also shows the threading level.

Currently readers have a hard time understanding the content of posts, for instance:
If one answered post #2, his reply would appear down at the bottom below post #30...
When a discussion becomes sub-threaded (as in many cases it does), it is very hard to track it.

Thanks
halperinko

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #14 by Jiminimonka
Do you mean like the Threaded/Indented options you have on the Kunena.org forums?

Try them out on here and if it is, and you are willing to take the risk there is a topic about how to enable it here

In Kunena 2.0 this option will be configurable in the backend and possibly on a per-user basis as well, for now it is unsupported and used at your own risk.

If this is not what you mean then please clarify.

Thanks.

EDIT: In Kunena 1.7.2 this still works, but not as well as it did in previous versions, so it might be best to wait for K!2.0.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Jiminimonka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: halperinko

More
12 years 2 months ago #15 by halperinko
Yes - That's just what I was looking for (actually I noticed the Threaded, but missed the Indented option :-) )

Is there an option to set the default for all users into Indented?

Thank you very much for this prompt and useful reply.

halperinko

More
12 years 2 months ago #16 by Jiminimonka
If you apply the 'hack' I linked it will put the Threaded/Indent buttons on all the threads for everyone.

In Kunena 2.0 I assume you can set it for everyone and then they can turn it off themselves in their profile. I will ask for more information.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 1 week ago #17 by whitetiger
Replied by whitetiger on topic Tree view of the threads
How I can see the threads in a tree view mode?
Usually my users work with usenet newsgroup using a email reader and so it is confortable to them a forum with a tree view of the messages, not a single page with all the messages of one thread.

More
12 years 1 week ago #18 by sozzled
See msg #2 in this topic for the answer.

More
12 years 1 week ago #19 by mlar123

More
11 years 11 months ago #20 by fczeck
Hello!

I'm using kunena 1.7.2 with joomla 1.5.26.
After enabling the threaded and intend layout buttons in the database
I'm wondering if ther's a possibility to turn the threaded layout as the
default layout everyone sees when looking at first at a thread.

I'm not very familiar to php, but I tried to add stuff like

$this->layout = 'threaded';
$mode = 'threaded';
$layout = 'threaded';

at the end of .../com_kunena/funcs/view.php
but without success :S

Does anyone know how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance...

Time to create page: 0.572 seconds