Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic]HIde/display IP addresses for moderators

More
12 years 8 months ago #11 by Groenteman
Thank you for the reply Matias.

Why would I want IP logging? most people want to surf anonymous so will use
a proxy or a program like TOR. In my opinion it only fills the db and makes
Kunena slower.

For now I will use phpmyadmin to trash all ip addresses to 0.0.0.0 or can I
delete the ip address total.

HD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #12 by Matias
In my forum some users log in by using many different accounts and cause troubles. It's not a technical forum (pets) and we had a few occasions where IP tracking has been very useful tool to prevent misuses (where we suspect that the same user tries to destroy someones reputation or to make himself/herself to look better).

More
12 years 8 months ago #13 by woonydanny
my forum is full of troublemakers and i need to use ip logging all the time. In fact, i would like ip features to be expanded in kunena :)

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
12 years 8 months ago #14 by flyer
Hi,

it's highly illegal to store IP Addresses in Germany without asking the user for permission. You can be sued up to 50.000 Euros if you do that.

Therefore that missing feature of "disabeling ip storage" should be fixed as soon as possible.

All interested webmasters etc will find information to that topic here (in German) :
www.daten-speicherung.de/index.php/daten...sen-ist-unzulaessig/

Until then the IP addys have to be deleted by hand daily!

More
12 years 1 month ago #15 by jeyjey
My moderators whould like to see the users ip adresses, because they have a black-ban list. Please can you tell me if moderators can see the users ip? Thanks.

More
12 years 1 month ago #16 by sozzled
Moderators can see IP addresses if you allow them to see IP addresses.

Forum Confuguration » Frontend » Look and Feel » Hide IP Addresses From Moderators = No
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeyjey

More
11 years 7 months ago #17 by audiodef
I run a joomla site for victims and survivors of intimate partner violence. I state in my privacy policy that I do not use IP address in any way except to report stalkers or offenders. I just noticed that IP addresses are clearly displayed in the forums, and this is unacceptable. I can't simply trash them in the db for the safety of my members, but I can't have them displayed publicly, either.

I will certainly be working on a hack as soon as I'm able to if one hasn't been produced by then. If the control panel allows hiding IP addresses from mods, they should be able to be hidden from users, too.

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds