Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic]HIde/display IP addresses for moderators

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #1 by KateKoch44
Is there a way to make it not viewable to anyone? I don't want super admins to see it or anyone below them.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by KateKoch44.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #2 by KateKoch44
Replied by KateKoch44 on topic Re: IP Address
Is this the answer that I need? Thanks for your help.

www.kunena.org/forum/139-support-archive...m-users-ip-addresses

BTW, I couldn't find this through the search forums module, but when I did a google search it popped up. Just FYI.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by KateKoch44.

More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: IP Address
No, that is not the answer you need if you are using K 1.6.

You can hide IP addresses from moderators with the configuration settings:

Forum configuration » Frontend » Look and Feel » Hide IP in messages from moderators = Yes

Although it's not technically true to say this, you cannot hide IP addresses from administrators (including super administrators), this a standard security feature of Kunena (and I would not advise you to change this anyway), you can modify the source code to remove the display.

More
12 years 11 months ago #4 by twilliams81
Replied by twilliams81 on topic Re: IP Address
What source code should I modify to remove the IP Address?

More
12 years 11 months ago #5 by twilliams81
Replied by twilliams81 on topic Re: IP Address
Does anybody have an idea how to remove this?

More
12 years 11 months ago #6 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: IP Address
Hello,

Look in \components\com_kunena\template\default\view\message.actions.php line 36

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 8 months ago #7 by Groenteman
Is it possible to Enable or disable ip logging and clean up ip tabel in tabel message text for an user or for all? The search didn't help me to find the answer. I'm not interested in ip addresses and most of the users will use an proxy or thor.

Could I use a instruction to clean the ip addresses to 0.0.0.0 or totally remove from the database?

Thanks in advance,

Groenteman

More
12 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled

Groenteman wrote: Could I use a instruction to clean the ip addresses to 0.0.0.0 or totally remove from the database?

I don't know the answer to this question (except that you can directly edit database records using a tool like phoMyAdmin) but would knowing the answer to this question really help?

It seems to me that the real issue we might be discussing is "is it possible to not display the IP address in Kunena?" and there's a simple answer to that question. The answer, however, depends on which version of Kunena you are using.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Groenteman

More
12 years 8 months ago #9 by Groenteman
Hello Sozzled,

Thank you for the answer. I try to keep all in my website up to date.
For Kunena I use 1.6.4 and I think you aim at this option:"Hide IP in messages from moderators "
But I don't want to hide ip addresses. It would be best to have an option to enable/disable
ip logging by admins for members. When the ip logging is deactivated for a user it would be
good all ip entries for that user would be erased. Community Builder also logs ip adresses.

Thanks for the reply,

Groenteman

More
12 years 8 months ago #10 by Matias
Related to this: you cannot disable IP logging from messages unless you're using anonymous posting feature. That hides all the user related information from the post making it totally anonymous and impossible to track the author, at least from Kunena.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Groenteman

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds