Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Merged If you are having problems with Kunena, please read this first

More
13 years 1 month ago #11 by fraxxit
thanks!
but problem are in Gavick image show not in mootolls?

i need resolve now because i have slide show on frontpage:)

how can modify it?
thanks very much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #12 by GoremanX

fraxxit wrote: thanks!
but problem are in Gavick image show not in mootolls?

i need resolve now because i have slide show on frontpage:)

yeah, that really sucks, sorry to hear it. Unfortunately, if Gavick extensions aren't Mootools-compatible, then they're severely flawed because Joomla uses Mootools by default. You should definitely take that up with them.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
13 years 1 month ago #13 by fraxxit

More
13 years 1 month ago #14 by xpatman
I have just upgraded from kunena_v1.5.14 to kunena_v1.6.3 and in short I wish I left it alone

I am using Version 1.5.22 and the latest YouEvents Template but this Mootools 1.2.4 has really messed up my site with two of my main modules unable to run

I can not make head or tail of the settings

I have been using a JavaScript Control with Mootools.js and Caption.js options but none made any diffidence, if I turn the Mootools off I get a kunena error - Kunena: You have a plug-in that uses MooTools 1.1 or a custom version of JHTMLBehavior. Many features, including Quick Reply and the BBCode editor, may be broken. Please enable the System - MooTools Upgrade plug-in.

and with it on I have screwed up modules WHY should this happen ???

Modules with errors are- Listbingo = mod_lbads and K2 Content Slider - mod_lofk2slideshow

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #15 by sozzled
Please read msg #1 in this topic. Thank you.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #16 by xpatman

Please read msg #1 in this topic. Thank you.

I have tried to read and understand =
1. Common causes of Mootools (Javascript library) issues and Kunena; and
2. Javascript and Kunena

But wow
is there any chance of getting a two line answer or a plug-in to the question

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #17 by sozzled
I already gave you a one-line answer before. :)

Maybe I should add that it's quite feasible to fix the other problems that you are having but, not necessarily, as quickly as you might like them fixed. The articles should provide all the answers that you need - and you have already discovered the causes of the problems yourself - but it's up to you to steadily work through the issues. As you have already discovered, the cause of the problems is not Kunena.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #18 by GoremanX
For the record, the Mootools upgrade plugin has been present in Joomla for over a year. If people are still using extensions that don't support it or work around it, you need to take it up with the people who maintain these broken extensions. Kunena itself isn't broken in this regard, it's just more up to date than the extensions you're using.

Bottom line: Mootools upgrade needs to be enabled for Kunena 1.6 to work. If Mootools upgrade breaks something else on your site, you need to fix that something else.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by GoremanX.

More
13 years 1 month ago #19 by ahmedaisarr
I've been using Kunena for my local site in the company. There are some issues which i want to discuss with. One is, after i logged in using my demo account, i cannot change my profile details! why is that? O.o :( After i click the 'Profile' menu and the edit button in upper right corner of the forum, everything is disabled. I cannot edit my profile settings, as though every registered user will want to use their own avatars(pic). So please somebody help me to figure out a easy solution for this matter. It would be great if i get a solution quickly so that i could up this local site withing my company.

Warn Regards.
Thank You
Ahmed Aisar

More
13 years 1 month ago #20 by sozzled
G'day, ahmeddaisarr, and welcome to Kunena. Please read msg #1 in this topic. Thank you.

Time to create page: 1.029 seconds