Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Merged [Merged topic] How do I restore my Kunena menu?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #1 by cbrace
Hi all,

I've just installed the new BETA, and a huge THANKS to the hardworking devs for this release.

One question: I've upgraded a v1.5 forum. I don't see the horizontal menu now such as the one here:

[ Index | Recent Topics | New Topic | etc... ]

Do I need to explicitly activate this somewhere?

Thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by Baze
In backend in Kunena control panel there is "Create menu" icon, just click it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 7Azimuth, snilloconator, HowAboutPrague
More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by fxstein
Request from the development team:

When you report any such questions or issues, could you please use the report config settings feature in the backend and copy and paste that information in here? It helps us understand how your site is setup.

Also want to highlight the new
Code:
[confidential]This is secret[/confidential]

bbocde tag. It allows you to post up urls or other information that you don't want to share with the rest of the world. Only admins and moderators will be able to see that information.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by cbrace
Thanks. Will post full setup info next time.
More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by iLucato

Baze wrote: In backend in Kunena control panel there is "Create menu" icon, just click it.

And how to remove this created menu if you want to? I didn't find a buttom "Remove menu".

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br
More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by @quila
You can remove this menu in Menau manager -> Main Menu -> Forum
Other kunena menu are in Menu Manager -> Kunena Menu
More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by iLucato

@quila wrote: You can remove this menu in Menau manager -> Main Menu -> Forum
Other kunena menu are in Menu Manager -> Kunena Menu

Ahh, I didn't know I would get it through Joomla Back-end (Menus) and not into Kunena componente settings. ;0)

Thanks once again.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br
More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by snilloconator
More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #9 by sozzled
G'day, snilloconator, and welcome to Kunena. Which parts of this discussion did you find helpful. Perhaps, instead of making this thread sticky (in my experience, many of our users don't read sticky topics) perhaps we should put something in our companion Wiki site .

In fact, if you have a few spare moments, would you like to contribute your own ideas to a Wiki article?

However, in saying this, the developers are still looking at the current menu installation/updating processes and there may be changes made to them in future. The workaround referred to in @quila's message is a little awkward and it's probably too complicated for ordinary users. We would also like new users' first experience of Kunena to be a happy one, not one that requires you to jiggle-this-juggle-that in order to get things to work if you make a mistake as simple as "I installed, uninistalled, re-installed and now I can't get the menu to work again".

This particular aspect of K 1.6 installations is a problem and it's one that needs to be addressed to bring about a reliable, stable version. At the moment, the workarounds you see are temporary fixes and the value of "stickying" may be short-lived ...

... or may not! :D
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 8 months ago #10 by snilloconator
Ahh! I guess no need to make it a sticky then. Although after being pointed in the right direction I like the menu option the way it is.
Time to create page: 0.423 seconds