Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question K 1.6 "Banned" feature.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #1 by Shags
Hi guys,

I run a sim racing website using Kunena v1.6. - www.redlinesimracers.net

I have a problem member on our forums and with that we have the need to BAN him...

I need to understand how the BAN feature works in Kunena's user manager for v1.6...

- Does the Ban feature just stop him from posting? (But he can still login and read?)

- or Does it stop him all together and block all connection's from his IP addresses that he's used to logon before?

- Will it stop him from simply re-registering a new username and snooping?

Effectively I would like to completely ban him for good, but be able leave his post's on forum (As it is part of our history) But still show everyone why he was banned.

Can someone please clear this up for me. :S
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Shags.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #2 by Shags
Replied by Shags on topic K 1.6 "Banned" feature.
Is there anyone here whom may know how this feature works?

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #3 by Jiminimonka
Replied by Jiminimonka on topic K 1.6 "Banned" feature.
Kunena will just ban that user name and the email address. If you want to ban IPs that will require a Joomla extension, not sure if such a thing is available. You can make the registration process require a little more work by the user so that its easier to block future issues with the user, just look on the Joomla Extension Directory for registration extensions.

On another note, I would recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of Kunena, it is more reliable and robust and faster too. Be sure to backup your website first of course (Akeeba).

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Jiminimonka.

More
11 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic K 1.6 "Banned" feature.
Questions involving unsupported versions of Kunena typically receive the consistent reply: please upgrade to a supported version of Kunena so that you may then ask your question.

We do not answer questions involving unsupported versions of Kunena on this forum.

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds