Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Browsing request from a member

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
One of my members has requested a change in how they browse the forum. I think this is a browser issue and not a forum issue. I'm not even sure if it's possible to do what they want with the forum itself.

This is the message

When browsing the forum, I click on a thread, it opens in the same window as the forum index, when I wanna get back to the index I have to click back or click on the icon on the top left.
In google we can setup it to open search results in a new tab, maybe a customisation of the forum index allowing us to open threads in a new tab/window would be great, like in google, you chose when you click it is opened in a new window or the classic way as it is now in the same window

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Depends on what kind of browser you are using. With Firefox, you can force a hyperlink to open in a new window tab by holding the CTRL key down when you click the left mouse button; with Internet Explorer 8 (and above), you do the same thing.

Yes, it's possible to force links to open in a new tab (or a new window if the browser doesn't support tabs). You need to modify the attributes of the links to use target="_blank" somewhere (don't ask me where) in the Kunena PHP code.

More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by kiwi3685

sozzled wrote: Yes, it's possible to force links to open in a new tab (or a new window if the browser doesn't support tabs). You need to modify the attributes of the links to use target="_blank" somewhere (don't ask me where) in the Kunena PHP code.

Sozzled is right, this "can" be done. But I promise you'll have just as many complaints about the new action as the old. It just one of those user preference issues.

Better to help the user learn how to use their particularly preferred browser. They're all slightly different, Ctrl-left in some, right-click and select "open in new tab" in others; then for Firefox and Chrome there's a plethora of add-ons that can give almost any action you can imagine!

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds