Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important bbcode [url] bug: why use single quote symbol for href value?

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by baijianpeng
I found this problem on Kunena v1.6.2 dev (svn 3864).

When I insert a link with URL bbcode, I noticed that the rendered HTML source code of that post will use single quote symbol for the href attribute value of that link.

This "single quote" bug cause a critical issue: my JoomSEF can't recognize it and can't convert original URL to SEF URL!

Why use single quote here? I think it should use Double Quotes.

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thank you for this report. As you would be aware, single quoted HREFs are quite legal HTML even though they may not be strictly XHTML 1.0 compliant. Many of these issues originated some years ago in a time before Kunena - back in the days of Fireboard - and they're being remedied now. We will add this to the list of known issues to be attended to.

The problem will be addressed however it won't be resolved this very instant. I will add this report to the Kunena bug tracker. :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #3 by baijianpeng
Glad to hear that you will fix this.

If you think some users still want single quote, well, hope there will be an option to choose single or double, then every user will be happy.

I just hate to manually hack codes.

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds