Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged User registration and/or general login issues

More
12 years 9 months ago #11 by sozzled
Global Configuration is not involved in Kunena. The Global Configuration facility is part of Joomla. See again what I wrote in msg #2 in this topic.

In short, yes, you were looking in the wrong place. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rakkety Tam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #12 by Rakkety Tam

More
12 years 9 months ago #13 by timgraham
Replied by timgraham on topic New users need approval
Is there a setting or addon that requires new registrations to gain approval from the administrators before they are fully activated ?

More
12 years 9 months ago #14 by sozzled

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #15 by omri
Hi,

Most of the time I have no issues with the registration (auto activation. no email verification).

but...

Sometimes I have a strange problem - People register to my site but the registration is not common with Kunena. i.e. I see the them in the main Joomla users list (activated) but I don't see them in the Kunena user list.

They, of course, cannot login to the forum.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by omri.

More
12 years 8 months ago #16 by sozzled
There is no "Joomla user vs Kunena user registration" because there is no Kunena user registration to begin with. See what I wrote in msg #2 in this topic. What I believe you are talking about is creating a Kunena user profile. Kunena user profiles are created automatically when someone posts a message on the forum.

You can also use the Synchronize Users feature to create user profiles.

You can also use the technique discussed >>> here <<< to automatically create Kunena user profiles.

omri wrote:

They, of course, cannot login to the forum.

This is what I am particularly concerned about: you claim activated Joomla accounts are unable to login to the forum? How do you know this to be so? Again, we return to what I wrote in msg #2 in this topic; if your users can login to your website, they are already "logged-in" to the forum.

More
12 years 8 months ago #17 by omri
Thanks,

i read msg #2.

I don't think it's about user profiles.

Users login to my site only through Kunena.

This is what I am particularly concerned about: you claim activated Joomla accounts are unable to login to the forum? How do you know this to be so?

Some activated user are not shown in kunena user manager but do appear in joomla's user list.I got emails from them saying they can't login.

More
12 years 8 months ago #18 by sozzled

omri wrote: Thanks,

i read msg #2.

I don't think it's about user profiles.

omri wrote: People register to my site but the registration is not common with Kunena. i.e. I see the them in the main Joomla users list (activated) but I don't see them in the Kunena user list.

What I was basically saying (in msg #2) is Joomla user registration is "common" with Kunena. If you can login (and use the forum) why can't other people? Are you absolutely sure that these people have registered and have activated their accounts?

What message to they get when they try to login? Maybe they forgot their passwords?

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #19 by omri
I understand the user 'commonality' between Joomla and Kunena (kunena uses Joomla user registration and login)

I'm sure they can't login. They sent me the password and I tired myself.

What I did for those people is to delete their account and ask them to register again with the same username and password. This time they appeared in both lists and all worked fine.

What does it mean the a new registration appear in Joomla user list and doesn't appear in Kunena user list? I understand they should be the same but they're not.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by omri.

More
12 years 8 months ago #20 by sozzled

omri wrote: I'm sure they can't login. They sent me the password and I tired myself.

What I did for those people is to delete their account and ask them to register again with the same username and password. This time they appeared in both lists and all worked fine.

That confirms my diagnosis of your problem: your users did not have the right username/password when they tried to login in the first place. There is no issue here as far as Kunena is concerned. The problem was with your users.

omri wrote: What does it mean the a new registration appear in Joomla user list and doesn't appear in Kunena user list? I understand they should be the same but they're not.

As I explained earlier

What I believe you are talking about is creating a Kunena user profile. Kunena user profiles are created automatically when someone posts a message on the forum.

If you want to add new Kunena profiles for people who have not posted on the forum, use the Kunena Synchronize Users feature. In some ways this is an issue with Kunena but it's also something that you can easily work around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: omri

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds