Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Merged How to protect my forum from spam

More
14 years 1 month ago #21 by purplepomegranite
Sorry, for some reason wasn't notified of reply.

RV only acts on the registration page usually, so will not affect any users that are logged in. Basically, RV does background checks at registration to ensure that it isn't a known spam source (or disposable email address). This blocks around 95% of spammers/bots.

The only exception to this are the Kunena post checks. As you have to be logged in to post, they can only be effective when the user is logged in! The posting is sent to Linksleeve and/or Akismet, and the result checked. If either reports the posting as spam, it is ignored (or the user redirected to a warning page, depending upon plugin configuration).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #22 by purplepomegranite
Incidentally, RV2 (which has Kunena support) is usually only available on subscription (sorry - I am a sole developer and it has taken a lot of my time - version 1 is not subscription).

However, I'll be more than happy to give the Kunena developers a permanent subscription as a thanks for the great work. :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #23 by da8iwr
Hi this, is not a hack or feature request, as i am going to pay one of my amazing guys to do this, as it is driving me barking mad!!!! :D

This is what i have just sent him, can you think of anything else that would be needed or to improve this idea?

I have a few clients with kunena forums

You can see when your logged in, on the profile page is list of users posts and profile.

What I would like is to have a buttons besides each of the posts when logged in as a superadmin that allows you to delete each post, also a button that allows you to block the users account in Joomla.

What the clients are doing at the moment with spam attacks, is viewing all posts by the specific user, then deleting each one, one by one, and then going into the admin user manager, and blocking the user (not deleting them), so they can’t sign up again with the same email.

So a simple way to do this, would make life hugely easier.

If we could make it change one file in the system, and maybe then add another file with the extra code if needed, to make it as simple as possible to intergrate with just a 2 file hack that would be amazing. I will also post this on their forums, so anybody else can use this as well, to help others with the same problems.

Just let me know a price and time scale

Do you have any other ideas or suggestions before the work starts?

More
14 years 1 month ago #24 by xillibit

What I would like is to have a buttons besides each of the posts when logged in as a superadmin that allows you to delete each post, also a button that allows you to block the users account in Joomla.

Hello,

on each message you have a button to delete the message, or you have checkbox with a drop down menu in recent discussions and in some others place, to delete multiple threads in the same time.

Where do you want a button to block the user ? in fronted/backend and in which place ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 1 month ago #25 by sozzled
I do have a few suggestions. I will try to put them to you as best I can.

With all due respect, your requirement specification is a bit "woolly". I spent the past 10 minutes reading it and I'm not sure I understand (a) the problem or (b) how problem was caused and therefore (c) how to go about solving the problem.

So let's start with the problem: you have spam attacks; that little I understand. Are these attacks on a regular or infrequent basis. What kind of security to you currently have in place (user registration, forum view access, forum post access, review forum posts, SEF URLs)? Is your forum open to allow unregistered users with the ability to post messages? How easy is it for people to register as users? Why would people want to spam these sites? What are the specific challenges/hurdles facing administrator or the moderators of the forums? How do things operate at the present?

Then there's the cause of the problem: Are the attacks launched from a specific IP address or a country, for example? What monitoring have you put in place to examine the source of the attacks. Do you perform any real-time analysis or event log monitoring? How many attacks are occurring as a percentage of total postings? Do you screen new user registrations? If you are being flooded by spambots, have you implemented antiflooding controls and captcha, for example? What features do you currently lack to control the source of these attacks?

And now for the solution: you devoted most of your request writing about solutions. Make your solution specifications shorter, to the point. Place a number next to each solution requirement, together with a rating (high/low priority; mandatory/desirable, etc.), and explain the work your contractor has to perform, not how things operate at the present.

:)

By the way, some of the approaches you've suggested ware being considered for Kunena 1.6.

More
14 years 1 month ago #26 by da8iwr
Hi There
Your right there is those delete buttons, But we have a forum that is getting about 20 spams per day, they are signing up, then putting one post on many threads, so when we delete them out, we need to keep going to different threads to delete the message which takes ages.

If we could just select all and press delete, or even just press delete on the same page for each post, that would probably be enough.

The block user would be superb on the profile page, so moderators dont have to go into the back end.

More
14 years 1 month ago #27 by fxstein
For Kunena 1.6 we are working on combining this with the custom search.

That way you can quickly filter on all messages by user, category, text, time, replies, .....

Hope to get delete (trash in Kunena 1.6) and move in there soon.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 1 month ago #28 by da8iwr
Something like this is how i would do the block user and delete buttons, mind you i didnt kinow it was already thought about for 1.6 ;)

More
14 years 11 hours ago #29 by pastiche
I have had my forum up for about a month and now getting what look like spam (possibly automatic) registrations, They do not look like real email addreses and some are very similar but with one character different in each. They never leave any message on the forum. (What does the robot gain from doing this?). How do I stop this? I noticed when I registered on this forum there was a second form to fill out, would this stop it and if so how do I add that to the forum I have.

www.shrivenham100.com

Please help as it seems to getting worse.

Thanks

More
14 years 10 hours ago #30 by xillibit
Hello,

The best way is to put a captcha thing on joomla! registration part, there are plenty of topics speaking about this in joomla! forums or here.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.697 seconds