Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Question About Kunena Powered By Footer

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by coder4life
I have a question about MOVING, NOT REMOVING, the Kunena Powered By link in the footer.

I believe in giving credit where credit is due, and I want to make sure if I am correct or incorrect on this matter. Can I move the Powered by link to another page. I plan to create a page that is dedicated to all the open source projects used on my Joomla! website?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
I'm sorry but, this is only introducing legal "shades of grey" into the whole discussion that we've had on this topic many times before.

(1) This category is for hacking K 1.5 - you hack it, you maintain it. You have a problem after you hack it, please don't expect the community's support.

(2) The Kunena project team does not encourage nor endorse topics asking for ways to clobber the "powered by" link at the foot of the forum page. Accordingly, people who post on this topic (or try to argue that they are not removing the link, they are only making things less obvious) will be advised to read the team's policy, namely Please help me understand the GPL for Kunena .

Our objective is to help the members of this community to use Kunena, to improve, extend and expand its use in Joomla sites. It only seems reasonable that the work of this community is given due recognition and the "powered by" link serves as that recognition. Every day members of the community spend incredibly large amounts of their time given freely to improve the product. Members of the community seek no financial reward from this activity and, in the end, everyone benefits. We have spent many hours debating this particular topic and, from a purely personal sense, I think the issues are clear.

We do not advise users to make these kinds of changes to their websites. If people want to make those kinds of changes then they should be aware of the consequences of those changes. This website will not assist people wanting to make those changes.

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by coder4life
First of all, this is my first real discouragement about using Kunena. a simple questions turns into a rolling ball of other problems not brought up. I have not endorsed removing of the link, I have not said I am going to remove the link, and I have not told anyone how to remove the link. My question did not even concern removing the link.

(1) This category is for hacking K 1.5 - you hack it, you maintain it. You have a problem after you hack it, please don't expect the community's support.

If this is the case then Kunena is isolating a lot of developers who do provide useful hacks. If someone was changing how methods behave, then I would say, yes the person should maintain the software without support, however moving locations of where output is displayed, does not convey the manipulation of how the software should function. I posted here because similar questions had been brought up here. What is the definition for a hack, and maybe this should be posted in a more useful place?

(2) The Kunena project team does not encourage nor endorse topics asking for ways to clobber the "powered by" link at the foot of the forum page. Accordingly, people who post on this topic (or try to argue that they are not removing the link, they are only making things less obvious) will be advised to read the team's policy, namely Please help me understand the GPL for Kunena.

Did I say anything about clobbering the "powered by" link. Actually I wanted to see if I could provide another area to provide the link but have it just as easily accessible, however nothing states the link should be maintained in its current position, hence the reason for my question.

Our objective is to help the members of this community to use Kunena, to improve, extend and expand its use in Joomla sites. It only seems reasonable that the work of this community is given due recognition and the "powered by" link serves as that recognition. Every day members of the community spend incredibly large amounts of their time given freely to improve the product. Members of the community seek no financial reward from this activity and, in the end, everyone benefits. We have spent many hours debating this particular topic and, from a purely personal sense, I think the issues are clear.

Hey I am one of those community members, and I ask questions everyday to get a better understanding of how I should use software. The manner in which I was addressed is not only discouraging, it shows that people like me that might not have as much knowledge on the subject are subjected to ridicule and accusation on things that never were endorsed.

We do not advise users to make these kinds of changes to their websites. If people want to make those kinds of changes then they should be aware of the consequences of those changes. This website will not assist people wanting to make those changes.

Fine by me, I agree on the subject. Never addressed my question though, designers move things all the time on their forums, I do not know what these "kind" of changes are?

Truthfully I really fell the manner could of been addressed differently. As someone who has followed and contributed feedback on this community I find it a little counterproductive on attacking an issue that was not even brought up.

My post was merely a question, if Kunena follows terms of condition that the link should be maintained in the same place, then that is all that was needed to be said.

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds