Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Hiding IP

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #11 by kanna84
Replied by kanna84 on topic Re:Hiding IP
Is it possible to hide the ip address?
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by kanna84.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #12 by kanna84
Replied by kanna84 on topic Re:Hiding IP
Information is good.. But you can explain me that how to hide the ip address from others...? I checkout my ip address from here www.whoisxy.com/ @ free of costs... Also in here we can get the domain name process details...

More
13 years 10 months ago #13 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Hiding IP
Hiding IP from the messages? Only moderators and admins can see IP.

More
13 years 1 week ago #14 by CheechDogg
Replied by CheechDogg on topic Re:Hiding IP
Can the IP be hidden completely even from Admnins, or just visible to Super Admin? If so, can I get some help here to do just that? This is for versions 1.5 not 1.6 that I am asking this question for.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
13 years 1 week ago #15 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Hiding IP
Good question. I think the answer is no, you cannot distinguish between admins and super admins (well, not as far as the tecnique mentioned earlier in this topic is concerned) because the PHP variable $uIsAdm is true if the logged-in account is either an admin or a super admin. I haven't looked at the code to see how to define condition for super admins that differs from other admins. My guess is that there is probably a way to do that and it's probably been posted in the Joomla support forum.

Interestesting question. I don't know the technical answer.

More
13 years 1 week ago #16 by CheechDogg
Replied by CheechDogg on topic Re: Hiding IP

sozzled wrote: Good question. I think the answer is no, you cannot distinguish between admins and super admins (well, not as far as the tecnique mentioned earlier in this topic is concerned) because the PHP variable $uIsAdm is true if the logged-in account is either an admin or a super admin. I haven't looked at the code to see how to define condition for super admins that differs from other admins. My guess is that there is probably a way to do that and it's probably been posted in the Joomla support forum.

Interestesting question. I don't know the technical answer.

I kindah figured that would be the case zozzled. I have been looking to see what I can possibly do myself but still no luck since I am not a too PHP savvy, :( .

But thanks for answering the question sozzled, I appreciate it a ton. But what I did do for now was just commented the display of the IP address all together.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds