Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting new topics in this category K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

Question Cannot upload either pictures or documents

More
13 years 5 days ago - 13 years 5 days ago #1 by zeeFrenchy
Hi Guys,

I configured Kunena on my site back in November, and recently, I noticed that I could not upload either pictures or documents.

I modified the sizes and types in the main admin and even my php.ini file, but the upload feature is not working. When I try to upload something, I see the progress bar in the bottom right of the browser, but I see no "progress", and after about 20/30 seconds... it goes to the "success" page, but nothing is displaying on the post. Someone in a post mentioned enabling the system mootools upgrade, which was done, but it did not resolve the problem.

Could it be a permission issue on certain folders?

Can someone help me? If needed I can give access to the admin side as I am not a "programmer" and have basic coding knowledge.

I am using Joomla 1.5.22 and Kunena 1.5.13

In advance, thank you for taking the time to read this post, and another thank you for leaving me a reply.

Have a great day Folks.

Frenchy
Last edit: 13 years 5 days ago by zeeFrenchy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 days ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

You are using k1.5.13 so it's not a mootools issue

I think that you have a permission problem

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 5 days ago #3 by zeeFrenchy
Which folders do I need to assign 777

Any idea? I looked at the main directory, but not really having a clue as far as which folder(s) to chmod

Any help would be once again really appreciated

More
13 years 5 days ago #4 by xillibit
the directory is /joomla/media/kunena/attachments/legacy

Is there any reasons why you are still using k1.5.x ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 5 days ago #5 by sozzled
We do not recommend that people should ever set permissions of 777 to files/folders. See Securing Kunena in the Wiki. Make sure that your files/folders are owned by Apache:Apache.

The diagnosis of your problem would be significantly simpler if you were using K 1.6; you would then be able to post a "configuration report" that would indicate possible reasons why you are having lengthy delays. Sounds to me like your website is running other software that's getting in the way of a smooth-running, efficient forum ... or the hosting platform is underpowered.

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds