Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Small pictures & margin bug with IE

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by PAUSIMS
Hi guys :)

First of all, I know that I should update to 1.6. Actually one of my sites is running 1.6 and I have no bugs and it's much more fast and stable than 1.5, but because of my template I'm stuck at 1.5 until I have time to adapt it for 1.6.

I have a pair of problems in 1.5. I have searched in the forum but I haven't found anything similar, please excuse me if there's another post asking for the same problems.

First, the inserted images are too small. Whatever image I insert inside the "img" tags gets very reduced. Not the attached images in the post, but the inserted images. I'm not sure if this might come from the template CSS but it's kind of annoying because they have a maximum width of about 500px and there's plenty of space in the forum so the images could appear in real-size, there's no need to resize some of them. The forum should resize the "giant" images but not the medium-sized ones. This happens with all browsers.

Second, I have a margin problem with IE. In the posts with images, the text continues past the right margin and appears under the website background. Basically it's like if the width was affected by the images; however, as I explained before, my images get very reduced so they aren't enough big to affect the width. This only happens with Internet Explorer.

Thanks in advance for your help ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by PAUSIMS
Any suggestions? :S

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, PAUSIMS. As you know, support for K 1.5 is extremely limited. In general terms the best advice that I can give you at this time is to read Before you ask for help with template issues ...

One of the biggest problems that affected K 1.5 users was templates. People would use templates of their own design that were developed for one version of Kunena and, when they upgraded K 1.5, they would not re-apply the changes they'd made to their templates. Another problem was that many people remained "stuck" or fixated on outdated templates - templates that the developers knew were defective but that would have entailed huge investments of time to fix - and, in spite of all the warnings, people still refused to take the advice and use only the default_ex template. Therefore, the next piece of advice is to read There is only one endorsed and supported Kunena template ... default_ex .

Lastly, the current focus of the Kunena project team is firmly set on building K 2.0. This next version builds on the advances made with K 1.6 and extends them further. As you would imagine, K 1.6 has made K 1.5 obsolete (in much the same way as Joomla 1.5 made J! 1.0 obsolete, too). Web software changes so quickly (and is so cheap) that most people are early adopters of new technology. Web technology is disposable technology - it's not really worth the trouble, most of the time, trying to fix things that are broken when it's easier, quicker and cheaper to throw it away and start again.

We encourage people to use K 1.6. We cannot always guarantee that we will be able to solve (or even attempt to solve) K 1.5 issues. For example, I have one K 1.5 test site - I keep it for "sentimental reasons" - but with 50 or 60 questions being asked every day about K 1.6 I don't have enough time these days to look too deeply at K 1.5 problems.

Although I mainly use Firefox, I do have a copy of Internet Explorer 8 and Google Chrome installed on my PC for the occasional browser-specific problem. I'm certainly no expert when it comes to understanding the peculiar issues associated with Internet Explorer.

In summary, everyone is entitled to make certain choices with how they design their websites. However, every choice you make incurs a cost. If you really believe that your choice is the best one then you have to accept that there may be times when you won't be able to solve everything yourself ... and you might have to pay an expert consultant to fix those problems for you. So you must ask yourself whether you're prepared to wait, while someone else fixes something that you know will always be "second best", or bite the bullet now and replace it completely.

Those are my personal suggestions ... for what they're worth. I hope there's something that is helpful to you. :)
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 3 months ago #4 by PAUSIMS
Thanks Sozzled for your answer :) I have understood much better the position of the team and the actual status of the support with 1.5.

I guess I'll have to update to 1.6, it'll represent more work to adapt but it'll save me lots of headaches.

Thanks for your clarification :)

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds