Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Call to a member function getAttribute() on a non-object while installing Kunena 1.5.14

More
13 years 1 month ago #1 by pralhad.rajgor
Hi,

i am trying to install the kunena extension 1.5.14 for my website currently i am carrying out the changes on workstation. While doing so i get an error message "Call to a member function getAttribute() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla_development\hmp\administrator\components\com_kunena\lib\fx.upgrade.class.php on line 255"

I have made the changes required to install the extensions in php.ini file,
php max_execution_time >= 120
php memory_limit >= 64M
safe_mode = off

I have a
Joomla Version => 1.5.17
PHP Version => 5.2.9
Mysql Version => 5.0.45.

i tried searchig in forum for related posts, but guess none of the answer were satisfactiory. Can any body help on this.

Thanks in advance..!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Are-you doing a fresh install or an upgrade ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #4 by pralhad.rajgor
@ xillibit
I am doing a fresh installation.

@ sozzled
I did read the article posted by you. But i am using a windows XP service pack 2 which is 32 bit. And i don't see any web server configurations settings causing this error.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by pralhad.rajgor.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5 by xillibit
I need to test it by myself, but i don't have had the time yet to do it

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
I'm like you, xillibit. I have a Windows XP system around the house - it's turned off 99% of the time - and I might have XAMPP still installed on it and it might be worth seeing if there are problems involved with using XAMPP and K 1.5.14 but, like you, I don't have much time for this either.

The main point we're making in the article Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP) is really this: we can't guarantee any support for setting up XAMPP on people's PCs; that's something that people have to do for themselves. There is some "support" for XAMPP on the internet but most of the information is generalised. XAMPP has its place, when people want to experiment with ideas, but it's not a substitute for proving the viability of a website under genuine operational conditions. And that's really all that we can say about XAMPP. Sorry.

More
13 years 1 month ago #7 by pralhad.rajgor
:( Ok guys...

Can i try installing an lower version of kunena ?. If yes then were can they be downloaded from ?

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
Can I make a better suggestion?

How about you abandon the attempt to fudge a Joomla website on your PC using XAMPP and concentrate on testing things out with a real website. What would be your response to that suggestion?

You can have a fully functioning Joomla website, with K 1.6, up and running in less than an hour. That's what I would do in your situation. I would not feel happy spending days trying to get things working on my PC and have nothing to show for my efforts. It's your decision, however.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 1 month ago #9 by lthcl
hi,
I've got exactly he same trouble on a REAL website.

PHP version: 5.1.3RC4-dev
MySQL version: 5.0.83
Joomla version: 1.5.22

I can't change the version of php. (my provider uses only this one).

I get the error 'call to a member function ...' when I try to install the forum.
It's a fresh install, from a folder on the server,
what can I do ?
thanks a lot for a reply.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #10 by pralhad.rajgor
Hi,

Whatever little bit of debugging i have tried sums up as.

we have a file in called "fx.upgrade.class.php" under the lib folder in the kunena package.
below is the code from the file
//initiate XML doc
$xmlDoc = new DOMIT_Lite_Document();
$xmlDoc->loadXML( $this->_upgradeDir .DS. $this->xmlFileName, false, true );

//load root element and check XML version (for future use)
$root = &$xmlDoc->documentElement;
$comUpgradeVersion = $root->getAttribute( "version" );

//here comes the real stuff
if($upgrade == 0) {
$installElement =& $root->firstChild;
$version = $installElement->getAttribute( "version" );
marked in red is the line for which i get the error.

i had a few observation.
1st. i wassn't able to locate the class "DOMIT_Lite_Document" in any of the file present in zip;
2nd. whether "$installElement" is an valid object at a point when it calls method getAttribute(). how do i figure that out..?
3rd. Do we actually have a method getAttribute()..?? dedfined for above mentioned class..??
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by pralhad.rajgor.

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds