Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question kunena 1.5.12 install problem (DB fail : error 2006)

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by readytohelpwm
To say the least I have been trying for 2 hours to get this installed and have had zero luck. I know this error has come up before for other users (googled it), but so far I havn't found a solution that works to getting this thing installed.
Error Message:

Component Install: DB function failed with error number 2006
MySQL server has gone away SQL=INSERT INTO jos_components VALUES( 0, 'Kunena Forum', 'option=com_kunena', 0, 0, 'option=com_kunena', 'Kunena Forum', 'com_kunena', 0, 'js/ThemeOffice/component.png', 0, '', 1 )
SQL =
INSERT INTO jos_components VALUES( 0, 'Kunena Forum', 'option=com_kunena', 0, 0, 'option=com_kunena', 'Kunena Forum', 'com_kunena', 0, 'js/ThemeOffice/component.png', 0, '', 1 )Error Loading ModulesMySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT id, title, module, position, content, showtitle, control, params FROM jos_modules AS m LEFT JOIN jos_modules_menu AS mm ON mm.moduleid = m.id WHERE m.published = 1 AND m.access <= 2 AND m.client_id = 1 ORDER BY position, ordering

Steps taken:

1) Tried normal install using Joomla "Upload Package File" installer = Failed
2) Disabled FTP in global config, re-tried uploader = Failed
3) uploaded extracted files to tmp directory and used "Install from Dir" = Failed
4) uploaded zip file to server and used "Install from URL" = Failed
5) uploaded extracted files outside of tmp directory w/ "Install From Dir" = Failed
6) uploaded files directly to tmp directory and tried to install = Failed
7) Said a prayer to the great linux penguin "tux" and tried all above again = Failed

Its almost 3am (3 hours of trying to install this now)...not sure if Im just really tired and over-looking simple, or if there is something else going on that I am not aware of. My site & server meet all the required specs after reading the read-me files, so not really sure where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

your mysql server is too slow, do you have tried to populate the database manually with the two queries that you have given in your message ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by Matias
I would try to install Kunena 1.6 and check on how it goes.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by readytohelpwm
Xillibit - I have not tried to manually add the entries to the database more or less for concerns of unknown errors showing up later down the road (I have never used / installed Kunena before.)

Matias - The only reason I stayed away from 1.6 is because the site I am needing Kunena on is going to he be heavily used. Was concerned with the fact that there may be some bugs in the 1.6 since its not the finalized release. If 1.6 is stable and the bugs are easy to work with, im all for trying it out.

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by Matias
For new sites I would choose K1.6, even if it is still RC1. Yes, it has it's share of bugs, but so does K1.5. Next RC will fix almost half of the known issues and most of them are not significant.

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by readytohelpwm
Thank you for the information, I will attempt to install 1.6 and see if the installation goes a little smoother. Would you happen to know if when the final version is released, how complicated it will be to update from this particular version to the final release version?

Thank you.

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by Matias
Upgrading RC to final will be easier than upgrading K1.5 to K1.6. We will release RC2 on Sunday.

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds