Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Advice needed before taking over old site using KUNENA 1.5

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by Phunder
Hi there

I have a client that runs a site off of KUNENA 1.5. She would like me to run this site for her and make some changes.

What would be your advice on the following?
  • Should I upgrade to a later version of KUNENA? If I d, what are the repercussions? How do I upgrade and can I still keep my old posts and users?
  • My client would like to allow users to update all of their info, not just their user name and password. I see that the user is connected to a contact in the Joomla back=-end. Can all the contact details be updated by the user? How can I implement this.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Phunder, and welcome to Kunena.

The question about is it better to upgrade from K 1.5 has been answered hundreds of times in this forum. We do not answer detailed questions about K 1.5 any more and that is the official position on the matter. Please read K 1.6 & K 1.7 Upgrade Guide for the information that you you now need.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds