Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is not a support forum for sh404SEF or its related products. For sh404SEF support you should visit sh404SEF .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use sh404SEF with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of sh404SEF.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved Problem with category access - access denied

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #1 by allenjj
I have kunena 3.0.4 installed on a Joomla 3.2.2 along with community builder 1.91. Everything has been working well until this morning. 3 categories now show "access denied, you do not have permission to view this page" even when I am logged in as administrator. I have looked at the category settings and they are unchanged. I have resynced the users. I have checked the user database with no errors found. I am lost. Am still learning kunena management and really need to get these categories opened back up. Any ideas?
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Remove configuration report attachment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, allenjj, and welcome to Kunena.

K 3.0.1 is not supported and contains nearly 200 problems/bugs/defects/issues that were fixed in K 3.0.4. We recommend that you (a) update to K 3.0.4 and then see if this fixes your problem and, if it doesn't, (b) watch the video vimeo.com/69818669 .

You should also look carefully at the permissions settings - use the Kunena Category Manager - that relate to the three categories in which you have problems. It is possible that the cause of your problems lies in how you've set your access permissions.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 1 month ago #3 by allenjj
Sorry I posted incorrectly as I do have 3.04 installed. The category permissions have all worked up unitl now and none have changed. These 3 categories have worked fine allowing users to access them, create posts and read posts, then today access denied for just 3 categories when most of my other categories have the same settings.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled

sozzled wrote: ... watch the video vimeo.com/69818669 .

Can you post a screenshot of the permission settings for one of the categories where you get this "access denied" issue?

More
10 years 1 month ago #5 by allenjj
First is the error message and second is the permissions for that category.
Attachments:

More
10 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
Thank you. I know what the message looks like. :)

It is really important that you watch the video vimeo.com/69818669 . I think I may know what the problem is, but your configuration report will confirm my suspicions.

More
10 years 1 month ago #7 by allenjj
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ja_social | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-12-22

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.4 | 2013-12-22 [ Ukko ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.9.3 | CommunityBuilder 1.9.1 | UddeIM 3.2

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 4.3.0.1671

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Stats 3.0.1 | Kunena Login 3.0.1 | Kunena Search 3.0.1

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
Thank you for providing us with your configuration report. I can see two things that will affect how people are able to access the forum on your site:

(1) sh404sef: please read To what extent does sh404SEF support Kunena? . You should contact the developers of sh404sef if you encounter any problems using K 3.0.4 with their product(s).

(2) You should change the forum integration plugin settings as shown in red below:

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Enabled: activity=1 avatar=0 profile=0 activity_points_limit=0
Kunena - Community Builder Enabled: access=0 login=1 activity=0 avatar=1 profile=1 private=0
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Disabled
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=0
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Enabled: private=1

I hope this helps.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #9 by allenjj
Uninstalling SH404 resolved the primary issue. In your post you suggest correcting the red items. Actually dont know how I missed that, but usually Im careful to read about compatibility problems and for whatever reason we didnt have an issues during testing. Glad its gone as a mis-behaved piece of software is never a nice thing so thank you for the guidance.

Am I to assume that these are settings you suggest addressing in the second part of your post are in the plugins? I would assume a 1 is enable and 0 is not, but can you please confirm?
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by allenjj.

More
10 years 1 month ago #10 by rich

I would assume a 1 is enable and 0 is not, but can you please confirm?

Confirmed, you're right.

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds