Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for Community Builder or its related products. For Community Builder support you should visit Joomlapolis .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use Community Builder with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of Community Builder.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Important Can't update the post signature

More
8 years 1 month ago #1 by acghedini
Hi,

When i upgrade mu j1.5 to j3.4.8 i have followed this link to link the cb signature to kunen ( www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-profession...empty-on-edit#272768 ) and works fine.

However, now, after upgrade to kunena 4.0.9 and the CB 2.0.13 I can´t change the user post signature. It updates in CB but not in Kunena.

Can anyone help???

thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Can't update the post signature
there is no connection, so you need to use kunena signature or cb signature.

More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by acghedini
i´m using the cb signature field, however it's not working...

I have downgraded CB 2.0.13 to CB 2.0.12 and now its working again

More
8 years 1 month ago #4 by 810
could you add the kunena report:

backend - components - kunena - tools - report

More
8 years 1 month ago #5 by acghedini
Of course...here it is:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoo_revista | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.4 | creationdate: July 2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.9 | creationdate: 2016-01-21

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.9 | 2016-01-21 [ London ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 2.0.4 | CommunityBuilder 2.0.12 | UddeIM 3.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.1.2 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.1.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.1.2.1

More
8 years 1 month ago #6 by koyan
I have the same problem. It all started after a CB update though.
I started investigating it, and I found the following:

1) The code responsible for updating the kunena tables are in the CB plugin named "CB Forums".
2) In the CB foruls plugin, the code is in the file kunena20.php
3) In there, it registers a call to the function syncUser, to happen when the user is saved (on trigger of onAfterUserUpdate )
4) In the CB lib, in the file libraries/CBLib/CB/Database/Table/UserTable.php the trigger onAfterUserUpdate is triggered

But then, when I inserted log calls there, I saw that first the registering of the plugin happens AFTER the triggering.
Without have a lot of extended knowledge of how triggers work, it seems to me that the registering should happen before the trigger itself.

Of course all that is not kunena code, so it cannot be fixed from the Kunena side.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #7 by koyan
So, after a bit more investigation and testing, I came up with the following hack (Aka, not official CB code change):

In the file cbforums.php, comment out the line 23, and add a direct call to the loading of the model.
Now, your new line 23 and 24 should look like this
Code:
deleted irrelevant code

I havent extendedly tested it, but it runs fine with no obvious problems on my test server.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by koyan. Reason: deleted irrelevant code

More
8 years 1 month ago #8 by 810
cb is working on a fix, and should be fixed in the coming nightly builds from CB. Or you can wait for the final release.

ps the code above is not a good solution for the moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: koyan

More
8 years 1 month ago #9 by koyan
Thanks for the update. I had not seen anywhere a comment from CB.
If the code above is not a good solution, please delete my post, so that noone else uses it.
(What is the problem with it? None of my automated tests failed. I haven't put it on production yet, just curious).

More
8 years 1 month ago #10 by 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: koyan

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds