Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for Community Builder or its related products. For Community Builder support you should visit Joomlapolis .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use Community Builder with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of Community Builder.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Post ordering and signature edit

More
9 years 3 months ago #11 by 810
ok, then make a new field. call it ordering. Then link it to that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #12 by sozzled

sitnud wrote: I need my users to be able to change their message ordering ...

To be sure that I understand what you want, you want people to be able to choose to see topics in order of "oldest post first" or "newest post first". Is that right?

I do not know what 810 is asking you to do, but this functionality should be built into Community Builder already and you should not have to change or add anything in CB.

The first place to start is to watch the tutorial

—basically the tutorial shows you how to install Kunena and configure both CB and Kunena to work together.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #13 by sozzled
To change the ordering you need to go to your user profile and press the Edit link, then click the Forum tab. The forum settings (if you want to change them) are controlled by the CB Forums plugin.

More
9 years 3 months ago #14 by sitnud
Thank you for the help, I got it to work now. The old archive directions had table values and all this other stuff to put in it which is not the case anymore. I created a new field called "Ordering" set it to a single select drop down and assigned it to the forum options tab I created for the signature. Then in the values section of the field config I set the first value of 0 with a label of Oldest First and the other value of 1 with a label of newest first. I set it to only be visible on the profile edit, though I guess you could do whatever you want with that. I then assigned it to the ordering field in the CB Forum plugin as you said.

More
9 years 3 months ago #15 by sitnud

sozzled wrote: To change the ordering you need to go to your user profile and press the Edit link, then click the Forum tab.

Community Builder 2.0.4 does NOT have have any built in fields for most of the Kunena profile stuff. The image I posted above is everything is installs minus the couple cb_ ones which I had previously created. This is a fresh install from just a couple days ago and nothing was deleted.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #16 by sozzled

sitnud wrote: The image I posted above ...

The place to look is the CB Forums plugin (discussed about 8 minutes, 16 seconds into the video).

More
9 years 2 months ago #17 by FastFeet

810 wrote: go to backend - kunena - plugins - select Kunena. disable avatar and profile.

You should also check the cb setting. id forum plugin is enabled.

Check also: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-profession...nd-signatures#188644

Could you explain the "cb setting. id forum plugin is enabled" comment.

I ensured the my Kunena - Plugins - Kunena Avatar and Profile are disabled. But my profiles still do not show the signature option.

What could I be missing?

More
7 years 8 months ago #18 by GODpleasers

sitnud wrote: OK,

I got the signature working now. How do I build the field for changing the post order so they can each set it the way they like it?

I am having the same issues almost but in Kunena 5.0. I get the signature and personal text to work but, :blush: I cannot get the preferred ordering to work.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds