Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for JomSocial or its related products. For JomSocial support you should visit JomSocial .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use JomSocial with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of JomSocial.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question JomSocial-Kunena integration

More
9 years 6 months ago #21 by Kotsolis
I have an issue with the JomSocial-Kunena integration again.
I use Kunena and JomSocial latest versions.

When I enable the option:
Plug-in Manager/Kunena-JomSocial Integration/Basic Options/Enable JomSocial Profiles : Yes
I can click on any forum profile and it will redirect me to his JomSocial profile.
But we can't edit our forum signatures. So users complain that they can't edit their forum signatures. Because when they click the "Edit" button they are redirected to their JomSocial profile, not forum profile. And JomSocial profiles don't have an option of editing signature.

When I disable the option:
Plug-in Manager/Kunena-JomSocial Integration/Basic Options/Enable JomSocial Profiles : No
We can all edit our signatures because the above "Edit" button opens the Kunena signature tabs for Signature, Profile Information and Forum Settings.

But when we click in someone's username through the Forum, his Kunena profile opens. The Kunena profile has only his username and not the full name. So if someone wants to add another user as a friend, he can't do it because he will have to go to the Search function and type his Username there. In my site I have enabled search only via Full Name and not Username, so this is an issue for me!

In order to solve this issue I ask you to split the "Enable JomSocial Profiles" into two options.
Profile Configuration: JomSocial/Kunena
Profile Redirect: JomSocial/Kunena

In the meantime, can you please provide me a fix? I want to choose "No" but I also want profiles to redirect to JomSocial profile. I would obliged to you if you can provide me this fix! I have 32.000 registered users and as you can understand many complains about this issue.

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #22 by Kotsolis
I still wait for a reply here on whether to add this feature on your future roadmap. Many sites use JomSocial today.

More
9 years 4 months ago #23 by bigwookie
You could add a new menu item to the kunena menu like I did that takes you to edit profile

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #24 by Kotsolis
I have latest version (4.0.3)

When Jomsocial integration is enabled and I click the Edit button, it redirects me to my JomSocial page in Gameworld.gr/Community/Username

It doesn't allow me to Edit Forum Settings!

In order for that thing to work I will have to disable JomSocial integration. That is not how components work! Please apply a fix for next Kunena version because this issue exists for about 1 year. We have to be able to edit both our profiles from JomSocial and Kunena.

I have enabled JomSocial profiles (I had to choose) and my readers ask us for signatures manually through forum. We spend time to fix them one by one (we have 37.000 registered members so just imagine).

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Kotsolis.

More
8 years 8 months ago #25 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic JomSocial-Kunena integration
I did a fix for it:
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/pull/2751/files

but it was rejected afterwards.

More
8 years 7 months ago #26 by xristo
Replied by xristo on topic JomSocial-Kunena integration
What does that mean "it was rejected"? Is the fix not fully functional?

More
8 years 7 months ago #27 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic JomSocial-Kunena integration
its working, but matias wanted a better solution. Its still on todo list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xristo

More
8 years 3 months ago #28 by Kotsolis
Greetings,

Do we have any update here? Users are complaining that when they fill their profile after Kunena was installed (JomSocial pre-existed) they see only 2 icons: Gender and PM icon.
They don't see other icons like "Website" and "Location".

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-08-2014' at line 1 SQL=SHOW FULL FIELDS FROM jos_kunena_messages29-08-2014

Configuration:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check:

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 72000 seconds | Max execution memory: 4096M | Max file upload: 1024M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : whiteboard | author: Opensource | version: 2.6 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.0-BETA1 | creationdate: 2015-04-12

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.3 | 2015-06-29 [ Possagno ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 3.2.1.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Search 3.0.1

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #29 by mistbow
Slogin to Kunena profilebox integrations.

1. In the section `plugins/Kunena - Joomla integration basic` disable `Enable Joomla login`.
2. Unzip files from achive to `modules/mod_slogin`.
3. In `Extensions/Modules` write (by keyboard) position for module SLogin `kunena_profilebox`.
4. In SLogin additional settings select alternate template `kunena` and save.

To change size of icons use css section:

.jlslogin .slogin-buttons span {
/* background: url(../../media/socials_sprite.png) no-repeat;*/
height: 25px;
width: 25px;
display:block;
border-radius: 1px;
line-height: 49px;
}
Attachments:

More
8 years 1 week ago #30 by Kotsolis
Ok thank you.

Are developers seeing this? Can you implement this fix to the next Kunena version so that we don't to modify it's time? Or at least add it to the options. This guy has only 3 posts and is very helpful!

Also a 2nd question: Can you integrate with JomSocial so that people will be able to see their messages, notifications and friend requests from the forum window? Right now they have to go to the main page to see it. so they can't waste their time.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds