Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Readme] How to translate and update my language into Kunena distribution

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #1 by svanschu
We had some notes and tutorials around in differnet threads. I just summarized them into one wiki article you can find here: docs.kunena.org/index.php/Translating_Kunena

Each registered user have write access on the wiki, so if you have an idea to make it better just edit it.

When you create a new translation or update your existing, please send an email to translations at kunena dot com
This would save a lot of time searching through the forum after it

Thank you
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by rich. Reason: Link changed from kunena.com to org
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by svanschu
The following user(s) said Thank You: migus, abdulhalim

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by svanschu
PLS keep in mind: Don't use
Code:
\n
in your translations! Change all \n to <br /> else transifex will make bad mistakes!

More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by svanschu
I pushed all missing translations to transifex, so you only have to add the missing strings.

Transifex Team told me that the bug that sometime labels get translated will be fixed on Tuesday!

I also added the com_kunenaimporter translation file to transifex.

So happy translating in a new and easy way!

More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by svanschu
I'm in contact with transifex, so we get the bug fixed that \n results in a new line on export. We need the \n inside of the kunena.install.ini for the sample data, which will not work with <br />.

I will keep you updated about what will happen.

But you will be save with using <br /> in all other files.

More
12 years 8 months ago #6 by svanschu
Transifex team told me, that the fixes will be pushed tomorrow Tuesday.

So you can use again \n in your translations!

If you have any problems with transifex, use the feedback function of transifex or discuss the issue with me.

Thank you!

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #7 by sozzled
Your recent discoveries about the Transifex approach indicates that this method of fixing the K 1.6 translation strings will not be available in time for the release of K 1.6.5. This is disappointing news.

Taking everything else into consideration, the project is placed in the uneviable situation of either releasing K 1.6.5 with only English language support "guaranteed" or waiting until the Transifex team makes good on fixing the translation tool. Given the pressure on the project to release Kunena in a form that interoperates with J! 1.7.0 this reduces our options.

The current plan is to release K 1.6.5 with the following advisories:

(1) Only with English language support; translators will need to spend time - probably an hour - to check those untranslated strings and to provide suitable language packs for those people who need them.

(2) Other language translations to be made by the translators as soon as practicable after the release of K 1.6.5 and posted on the forum.

(3) A further release (K 1.6.6) will be offered when all language translations have been updated.

The recent announcement by the Joomla development team, and the release of J! 1.6.6 will also help a lot of people who are fearful of the XSS security vulnerability found in earlier releases of J! 1.6 and who feel compelled to upgrade to J! 1.7.0 whether or not this causes other issues.

This also gives us some "breathing space" to work steadily on resolving the translation issues that you have discovered.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 7 months ago #8 by svanschu
A little update again, we pulled all translations from transifex. Matias, 810 and me fixed the in some night and day action by scripting and by hand. Pushed them into git and again on transifex. In this action we only made the Kunena translations itself.

So modules/plugins could contain still bugs which need to be fixed ...

PLS control your translations and keep them up to date!

More
12 years 7 months ago #9 by rued

svanschu wrote: So modules/plugins could contain still bugs which need to be fixed ...
PLS control your translations and keep them up to date!

nb-NO is marked 100% - how do we know if there is any Transifex-bugs in them?

More
12 years 7 months ago #10 by svanschu
The import was buggy and you got on export XXXX=""jkhadshf""

Also \n got translated on export into real linebreaks which would break compatibility with J15

And Keys where translated on export COM_KUNENA_"OK"=""OK""

That where the main bugs.

Here is a list of my reports getsatisfaction.com/people/svanschu

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds