Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Frontend language doesn't agree with Joomla settings

More
5 years 1 month ago #1 by tcn
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : astroid_template_zero | author: JoomDev | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: Nov 2018

Kunena default template details : Crypsisb3 | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.9 | creationdate: 2019-02-15

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.9 | 2019-02-15 [ Kerberos ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

[hr]

Our Joomla configuration is set to show content in Dutch (NL-nl) for the frontend. However, in my profile I see quite a lot, but not all, navigation links and buttons displayed in English. I already checked my settings in Kunena and Joomla. Both are set to use Dutch. In our test environment everything was working well regarding language settings.

What am I missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #2 by rich
Have you installed the newest Kunena language package too?

More
5 years 1 month ago #3 by tcn
Neither site has any Kunena language packs installed. So why does it work out of the box on one site and not on the other?

More
5 years 1 month ago #4 by rich
The Kunena installation package contain since many years only the English language. For another languages you must install the language package. Maybe your pages contain still the language from old Kunena versions. The language files will not deleted if you update Kunena but the files are out of date.

More
5 years 1 month ago #5 by tcn
Fine. I'll install the required language pack. Yet, the question remains, how come it works on one site but not on the other? Or, let me rephrase, how do I determine what language packs are installed?

From my perspective it looks like both sites (test & production) are identical with respect to Kunena.

More
5 years 1 month ago #6 by rich

et, the question remains, how come it works on one site but not on the other?

I'm sorry, but I can't know it. Maybe you use a Kunena 3rd party template with own language folder, or you've tested Kunena many years ago? In very old Kunena versions was all languages included and it was not needed a extra installation. Check the folder /language/nl-NL whether you find any ini files which beginning with nl-NL.com_kunena.

If you has installed the language package, you see this in the extension manager (as in the image which you've posted).

More
5 years 1 month ago #7 by tcn

rich wrote: If you has installed the language package, you see this in the extension manager (as in the image which you've posted).

The screenshot came from our test environment, where everything worked. The test environment was a verbatim copy of our production environment. I do not recall that Kunena was installed on it in the past. If so, I would have expected the translations to just work tm in our production environment as well. Nothing was changed there.

On our production site, after having installed the language pack, it indeed shows in the extension manager. It remains a mystery to me. Maybe the installation was not done cleanly. I don't know. Haven't looked in the language folder, yet (no access at the moment).

Anyway, long story short, everything works fine now. Thanks for your help. My apologies if I sounded a bit rude in my previous post.

More
5 years 1 month ago #8 by rich

I don't know. Haven't looked in the language folder, yet (no access at the moment).

You must not check it anymore if you've installed the package. Now are the files in this folder,
The installation paths from Kunena are:
For backend language "administrator/language/nl-NL"
For frontend language "language/nl-NL"

My apologies if I sounded a bit rude in my previous post.

No problem, I didn't feel it that way. :)

More
5 years 1 month ago #9 by tcn
I checked our test environment. There were Dutch language files present for Kunena. But the extension manager didn't show any installed language packs for Kunena. I guess this could have happened when a colleague of mine reinstalled Kunena in the test environment. Database updated, but filesystem left untouched.

I'm glad it works now after I installed the language pack on production. It will be hard if not impossible to determine what exactly was going on. So, I won't even try... B)

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds