Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Kunena default language

More
6 years 4 months ago #1 by Telumetar
Hello,
I have a question regarding the language that appears at the kunena navigation menu at topics which instead of Greek I'd like it to be English by default. Joomla's default language IS Greek, but I was wondering if it is possible to have English as default on Kunena.
Thank you
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Kunena default language
If you have nothing changed at the Kunena menu items, then switch the backend language to English (or choose english language before you login in the backend).
Go to Kunena -> Tools -> Menu Manager and click on the button Restore Kunena Menu.
Possibiity two: Go to Menus -> Kunena Menu and rename the mnu items manually.

Kunena show the language which is chosen in Joomla as frontend language. But all users have the possibility, in theyr profile to switch the language (Profile -> Edit -> Forum Settings). This option changes not the language at the menu items.

In principle it should work with a trick. Go to Extensions -> Manage -> Manage and search by keyword "kunena". Uninstall the Kunena Language Pack. Check in the Kunena configuration (tab) General this options (but should be default):
Enable Debug Mode = No
Use English On Missing Strings = Yes

Then you should have only english language in the forum.

More
6 years 4 months ago #3 by Telumetar
Replied by Telumetar on topic Kunena default language

rich wrote: In principle it should work with a trick. Go to Extensions -> Manage -> Manage and search by keyword "kunena". Uninstall the Kunena Language Pack. Check in the Kunena configuration (tab) General this options (but should be default):
Enable Debug Mode = No
Use English On Missing Strings = Yes

Then you should have only english language in the forum.

Tried to do that. Only problem is at the extensions manager there is no Kunena Language pack appearing so there is no way 2 apply the offered solution. By the way my menus are in English. Only problem is about the navigation buttons that should say start instead of Εναρξη, next instead of Επόμενο and so on
Thank you though.
Attachments:

More
6 years 4 months ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Kunena default language
Yes, I've tried now. You get the language for the pagination from Joomla. You can to search the words and override. docs.kunena.org/en/languages/language-overrides
But then you have english pagination also on the Joomla page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Telumetar

Time to create page: 0.593 seconds